This Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is so so tasty. It’s super simple to make and a good change to your soups on your menu plan. It’s like everything you love about chicken enchiladas…just in one big bowl! It’s a classic meal turned into a soup, which is super easy! Did I mention it freezers super well to, making it a great freezer meal!
My favorite thing about this Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is my whole family loved it! Plus it’s a great change to a favorite of ours which is the Instant Pot Taco Soup – which we still love, but nice to add another favorite into the meal routine. I snagged this recipe from Skinny Taste and she has a version for slow cooker as well if that interests you!
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup:
Step 1 – Sauté your onion and garlic in your Instant Pot. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and cilantro.
Step 2 – Add your beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and salt. Then add your chicken breasts.
Step 3 – You’ll pressure cook for 20 minutes on high. Then you’ll remove chicken and shred with a fork, then add your chicken back into the soup.
Your Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup is ready to serve! I topped it with green onions, sour cream, cheese and served it with tortilla chips. I especially love the lime tortilla chips!
Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
Ready to make this Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup Recipe ? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups less sodium chicken broth
- 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
- 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 cans of corn
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
- 3/4 cup shredded part skim cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 6 tbsp sour cream
How to make the Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Press sauté on the Instant Pot. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and cilantro.
- Add the drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on high pressure for 20 minutes. Quick or natural release.
- Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup.
- Serve in bowls and top with cheese, sour cream, green onions and cilantro.
- Serve with tortilla chips…I mentioned above we love the lime tortilla chips!
Optional: Serve with avocado on top as well!
More Instant Pot Recipes
Our most popular Instant Pot Kettle Corn Recipe
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, as well as talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure… we love to travel and love being involved in ministry opportunities at our church.