This Instant Pot Taco Soup recipe is one of our all time favorites and one of the easiest soups that I make for our family. Not only is it tasty and easy it’s a great crowd pleaser recipe for a cold day.
If I’m not feeding a crowd with this soup, I always like to freeze half of it for a freezer meal later. This Instant Pot Taco Soup is also very cost effective which I love when planning my meals.
How to Make Instant Pot Taco Soup
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot Taco Soup.
Step 1 – Using the sauté setting brown your ground meat and onions. I usually drain and rinse once it’s browned, then put it straight back into my Instant Pot.
Step 2 – Add your beans, corn, tomatoes and seasoning.
Step 3- Use your soup setting and that’s it!
Your Instant Pot Taco Soup is ready to serve! I love pairing the taco soup with tortilla chips, sour cream, cheese and if I have avocado we love that with it as well.
Instant Pot Taco Soup Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Taco Soup? Here’s the recipe with the exact measurements.
- 2 cans whole kernel corn – drained
- 2 cans pinto beans – rinse your beans before placing in the Instant Pot (I’ve also used kidney beans or black beans, sometimes even a combo!)
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium size onion, chopped
- 2 packets of Taco seasoning mix
Step by Step:
- Using the sauté setting on your Instant Pot brown your ground beef and onion. (I like to rinse and drain when finished in a colander, but it’s optional)
- Once your meat is browned, add in your corn, beans, tomatoes and taco seasoning mix.
- Set your Instant Pot on the soup setting or you can place on slow cooker for 3-4 hours.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Our most popular Instant Pot Kettle Corn Recipe
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, as well as talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure… we love to travel and love being involved in ministry opportunities at our church.