This post has been sponsored by Huhtamaki, Inc. makers of the Chinet® brand. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
You’ll be most successful with your Friendsgiving gathering if you keep it simple and easy on yourself as the host/hostess. One major way to simplify is to use the Chinet® Classic WhiteTM line products so you can make cleanup easy on yourself! That is the equivalent of not having any dishes to wash when your guests leave!!! So, let me share with you more on how I’m keeping life simple for the fall holidays!
Table of Contents
What is Friendsgiving?
As we are approaching the fall holidays, it’s time to start thinking about gatherings with family and friends. A very popular time to celebrate with friends is Friendsgiving, which is a time set aside during the fall Thanksgiving season to gather with dear and precious friends. The celebration doesn’t have to happen on Thanksgiving day, just around this time of year.
How to plan for a Friendsgiving?
If you are planning a Friendsgiving this year, you’ll want to keep a few things in mind. Keep it simple. Relax. Enjoy the time.
Don’t make this a huge event that is stressful and time consuming. Make it a time when everyone can relax and enjoy themselves. The holidays are stressful enough, right? My motto is keep it simple!
Items needed for a Friendsgiving:
Remember to make this all simple on you, the host/hostess!
1- Simple Decor Items (mentioned below)
2- Disposable tableware – The Chinet® brand makes not only serving easy but also easy cleanup at the end of the party…which means more time with your guests! I basically picked up one of everything we needed. There are so many options in this great line, including:
- Chinet Classic White dinner plate
- Chinet Classic White appetizer/dessert plate
- Chinet Classic White All Occasion plate
- Chinet Classic White compartment plate
- Chinet Classic White platter
- Chinet Classic White bowls
- Chinet Classic White napkins
- Chinet® Cut Crystal® cutlery – comes in a ready-to-serve container!
- Chinet Cut Crystal 14-ounce cup
- Chinet® Comfort Cup® insulated hot cup
3- Food of your choice. Remember to have your friends all pitch in to make it easy on you!
Other things to consider having for your Friendsgiving:
- A Friendsgiving Game
- A small friends gift as they leave
- If having kids over, consider setting up a kids’ activity station/table or movie
Friendsgiving Food Ideas
Ways to keep it simple is to minimalize your food theme. Here are some food theme ideas that most everyone will enjoy—have everyone bring something to contribute, and you as the hostess will only provide the main dish or part of the food.
- Set up a Pie Bar
- Taco Bar
- Grill out – everyone brings the fixings
- Hostess provides the main dish and all of the friends bring side dishes
- Dessert Bar – everyone brings dessert to share
- Appetizers and Finger Foods
Having the Chinet Classic White products also makes extra helpings easy since they are strong enough for seconds! Including the plates and bowls; they are strong enough to serve the messiest meals with style.
Friendsgiving Decoration Ideas
You can make some of these decor ideas if you are into DIY or you can simply pick up a few additions to add a pop of color and a touch of fall to your home for Friendsgiving.
- Make a “FRIENDSGIVING” Banner
- Pick up (small) real pumpkins/squash – use these around your food table area.
- A small bouquet of flowers for a simple centerpiece
- Collect acorns and/or pinecones and place in a bowl
- Food tents to label the food/drinks
For more ideas and inspiration, visit MyChinet.com.