This is the BEST Elderberry Syrup recipe and making it in your Instant Pot is that much easier and better. Snag this easy Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup Recipe for your family.
This Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup Recipe is super easy and quick to get started. You’ll love having your very own elderberry syrup right on hand for this coming winter season.
Knowing I’ve made my own Elderberry Syrup and what I’ve put in it sure gives this mama a peace of mind. This Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup recipe is sure to help boost immune systems and counter the winter sickness that comes with each winter season.
How to Make Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup
Step 1 – Place your water, organic elderberries, sliced lemon and honey in the Instant Pot.
Step 2 – Let this steep for 3+ hours.
Step 3 – Line a strainer with cheesecloth and strain your liquid into a bowl.
Step 4 – Pour your liquid into a jar, chill in fridge.
Your Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup Recipe is now ready to use.
Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Elderberry Syrup? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
- 1/2 cup Organic Elderberries
- 2 cups of Water (I use our filtered water from our Berkey)
- Sliced lemon
- Honey to taste. (for our liking approximately 4 Tbsp.)
Step by Step:
- Place all of the ingredients into your Instant Pot. (I like having my glass Instant Pot lid on so I can see it and peek in!)
- Set your Instant Pot on Slow Cooker for 3 hours. If you go over 3 hours it’s ok!
- Place a cheesecloth in a strainer. Place your strainer over a pot or bowl and pour your liquid into the strainer with the cheesecloth.
- Dispose of the sliced lemon and elderberries in your cheesecloth.
- Pour your liquid from your pot/bowl into a glass mason jar.
- Keep refrigerated.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Perfect Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Instant Pot Kettle Corn Snack Recipe
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, as well as talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure… we love to travel and love being involved in ministry opportunities at our church.
kay overman says
I thought the purpose of using the Instant Pot was it is faster. 3 hours is not fast, how do we do this faster?
While Yes you are right, the IP does have the feature of pressure which speeds up our process of cooking and is a beautiful thing! At the same time it also has the slow cooker method…which has allowed me to get rid of having so many appliances in my kitchen!! 😉 I feel like if you speed up the process of the Elderberry Syrup through pressure you’ll loose some medicinal attributes. You could try it, I just haven’t because it is important for it to steep! 🙂