This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FlavorYourWorld #CollectiveBias
Shrimp Etouffee Recipe
Born in North Alabama then my family moved to South Louisiana when I was three – this cajun land has become home. I’ve learned a few cajun recipes along the way…can’t say that I’ve mastered them but we sure do enjoy them! One of the staple condiments in cajun land is TABASCO® Sauce as it’s the best ingredient to have in your kitchen! Every bottle of TABASCO® Brand hot pepper sauce comes out of Avery Island, Louisiana – super close to us here. This is one sauce that can be found anywhere in the world, adding flavor to virtually any type of cuisine, not just cajun dishes. So whether it’s a dish you are cooking and want to enhance the flavors or wanting to use it as a condiment to personalize your food then TABASCO® Sauce is the indispensable ingredient and table top condiment.
So I’m wanting to share a favorite Shrimp Etouffee recipe with you all that I can do in the Instant Pot and make life easier…whether it’s cooking this for a game day fun or a holiday get together it’s a favorite! This recipe is using the TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce which has just three ingredients: aged red peppers, salt and distilled vinegar. Its simple ingredients and simple processing make it the most versatile hot sauce that can be used in just about any food or drink. It is Non-GMO, Gluten free and has zero calories.
Be sure to snag this Ibotta offer
- Start date: 11/26/18
- End date: 12/31/18
- $1 off of 5 oz. or larger, any flavor
Shrimp Etouffee Instant Pot Recipe
Ingredients needed for Shrimp Etouffee
- 6 TBSP butter
- 4 TBSP flour
- 2 TBSP TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce (can always add more as a condiment later)
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1 TBSP creole seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP lemon juice or 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
How to make Shrimp Etouffee Instant Pot Recipe
- Melt the 4 TBSP of butter in a your Instant Pot on the sauté setting, sauté until it starts to brown sprinkle in the flour while mixing and simmer until it turns a dark brown, about 10-20 minutes. (making a roux). Keep your roux stirred as it’s sautéing. This will become a thick and paste like.
- Next whisk in the 2 cups of Chicken broth.
- Add the chopped onion, celery, garlic, thyme, tomatoes, creole seasoning, TABASCO® sauce, salt, pepper and green pepper to the roux.
- Set your Instant Pot on the soup setting and let it pressure.
- Let pressure release naturally.
- Lastly add the shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Before you serve mix in 2 TBSP of butter, lemon juice, green onion and parsley and enjoy over cooked rice.
Additional TABASCO® flavors that are great as condiment to the Shrimp Etouffee is the Green Sauce which is made with Jalapeño peppers and Chipotle Pepper Sauce is made with smoke-dried jalapeno peppers. All of theseTABASCO® sauce flavors can be found at Walmart!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from a small town in South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom. A blog helping moms capture their kiddos in life, chatting all things home, and parenting, travels and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure… we love to travel and love being involved in ministry opportunities at our church.