Are you looking for an easy Instant Pot Potato Soup recipe? Cooking Potato Soup in Instant Pot has the best flavor, super easy and fast for an Instant Pot Dinner Recipe.
Instant Pot Potato Soup
If I can make dinner in my Instant Pot and it’s minimal prep and time – I’m in!
This Instant Pot Potato Soup is quick and easy. Plus my whole family loves it, so that’s a big win, right?!
If you have white potatoes on hand this potato soup in your instant pot is a great quick meal. I have also made this for many meals when having guests over or taking a meal to someone and it’s always a hit.
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot Soup.
Step 1 – Wash, peel your potatoes, place in Instant Pot and cover with broth.
Step 2 – Add onions, salt, pepper and garlic.
Step 3 – Pressure cook for 8 minutes.
Step 4 – Let pressure naturally release and then add cream cheese.
Your Instant Pot Potato Soup is ready to serve! Serve with bacon, cheese, sour cream and chives for a loaded potato soup in the Instant Pot.
Ready to make this Instant Pot Potato Soup? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot Potato Soup
- 1 small Onion
- 6 medium Potatoes, peeled & chopped
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 1 8oz Cream Cheese
- Add potatoes, broth, onion, salt & pepper in Instant Pot. Put the lid on and lock in place. Set the steam release to sealing position.
- Push the Pressure Cook/Manual setting and use the + button to set for 8 minutes. Let it pressure and naturally release the pressure.
- Add block of cream cheese when pressure is released.
- Serve with corn muffins, crackers or garlic bread. Top with bacon crumbles, cheese, green onions/chives and sour cream for a loaded potato soup.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom, blog helping moms use their camera to capture their families and adventures, talking all things home, parenting and our travel adventures as a family. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our house we spent building for three years, doing all of the labor and work ourselves and paying for it as we went! We are blessed beyond measure and praise the Lord for all He’s done for us, through us and with us.