This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CollectiveBias #CrispyCreations #CrispiestChicken
One of our all time family favorite cuisines at meal time is any kind of Asian cuisine! Orange Chicken happens to be the all time favorite in our house! Of course served with any asian flared side dish! I mean you really can’t go wrong, and at our house it’s hands down a favorite.
Easy Orange Chicken
Over the years, I’ve tried many many recipes in an attempt to find the perfect orange chicken. Sometimes we ditched the recipe because the flavor wasn’t enough or just lacked…but many times, I ditched the trial recipe because the chicken just wasn’t crispy. That is a pet peeve of mine!!! I want #CrispyChicken – end of discussion!
I’ve found the secret ingredient to achieving the crispiest chicken is Argo® Corn Starch. This is the most important ingredient to any recipe if you want your #FriedChicken to be crispy!
Not only is it for the best and crispiest chicken! It goes beyond chicken too. It’s often used as a thickening agent for sauces or soups and even a binding agent for baking, but again, for your batter to fry chicken, it will leave you with the sound of a crunch and a beautiful brown appeal! And Argo® Corn Starch is the leading corn starch brand with over 100 years of quality. Seriously, just add corn starch to your batter to get the perfect crispy coating with an airy texture to it.
How to make Orange Chicken: Ingredients:
- 4 Chicken Breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 6 whole egg whites
- ¼ c. Argo® Corn Starch
- ½ cup Orange juice
- 1 TBSP Soy Sauce
- 1 TBSP Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 TBSP Rice Vinegar
- ¼ tsp. Oil
- Dash of Salt
- Dash of Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 Clove of Garlic, pressed/minced
- 2 tsp. Minced Ginger
- 1 tsp. Argo® Corn Starch (additional)
- ¼ c. of water
- Zest of 1 orange
Step by Step Instructions: For the chicken:
- For prepping the chicken: In a large bowl, whisk together the Argo® Corn Starch and egg whites with a fork until almost frothy. Add the chicken to the mixture and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.
- For prepping the sauce: Meanwhile, put the orange juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, salt, crushed red pepper, garlic, ginger and orange zest in a non stick skillet and whisk together. Heat until bubbling, about 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk together the 1 tsp Argo® Corn Starch and ¼ cup of water in a small bowl and add small amounts to the sauce to thicken. Mix in and thicken for 1 minute. If your sauce becomes too thick, add in a bit more water until the consistency is how you like it.
- Heat about 2 inches of oil in a pot, using a deep fry thermometer to register the oils temperature, getting it to 350 degrees F. In small batches, carefully drop a few pieces of chicken into the oil – one piece at a time to keep them from sticking together – and move it around, 2-3 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and place on a plate lined with paper towels.
- Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve immediately!
Hop over to the Argo® Corn Starch page to get more inspiration on unique recipes to try the corn starch with.