“This review was made possible by iConnect and Luvs. I was provided compensation to facilitate this post, but all opinions stated are 100% mine.”
As a first time mom I researched and asked all of my friends what were their top recommendations on being prepared for our little one when it came to essentials in our baby nursery. You can read all day long, but I like to hear from the tried and true. So I hope you’ll trust me on these 7 essentials. These are what we couldn’t have lived without the first couple of weeks. There are additional things at the bottom, not to mention what we couldn’t live without will be different from you I’m sure!
- Swaddle Blankets. I love these Buttermilk Babies Swaddling Blankets!!! These were my lifesaver. No, literally, they were. I used them to wrap and swaddle the baby, yet having a summer time baby the lightweight was perfect. Not to mention you can use them if you are nursing as a cover. They are great because they are so large, once the baby gets a bit older you can throw them on the ground while they are laying on the floor and lastly I kept one handy at all times because our little one spit up so much a regular burp cloth just didn’t do! I know that’s gross…but it’s true and real life!
- Diapers. Yep. I know it seems like a no brainer but they will go through a load of diapers those first 3-4 weeks, at least I know we did! You can never have too many diapers! Between your nursery/changing table, to having them handy in your living room all the way to the diaper bag, you’ll go through diapers quickly. (As you can see she loves to get into her diapers and did this while we were in Maine at her Grammie’s house!!!)
- I have to say I love LUVS! The official diaper of experienced moms, Luvs is offering big savings in this Sunday’s paper. Get your scissors out because there will be a high-value coupon that could save you up to $2 on any one Luvs Diaper Pack. We’ll be clipping and saving that’s for sure!
- We love to save money…and I think it can go with saying most parents do, to a degree! So in this Sunday’s newspaper (Sunday August 28, 2016), is an insert from P&G with a Luvs coupon offering $2 off any one diaper pack. Use this coupon at any mass, discount, or grocery stores where Luvs Diapers are sold
- Wipes. Yep, another no brainer but it’s essential. Plus you’ll go through those quickly too with those newborn poopies that happen after almost every single feeding! Anddddd
d if you’re newbies like us you don’t quite have the gold medal of changing a poopie with one wipe, thats for the veteran mama and daddy’s!!!
- Bath Time. A bath-tub, baby soap/shampoo, lotion and towel/wash cloth set. Nothing like a clean baby!
- Outfits. Don’t go hay-wire on baby cloths. That’s easy for me to say since we didn’t find out the sex of the baby until she was born. So I didn’t spend 6 months prior to her birth spending money and buying clothes. I can see where that’s super easy to do. But really…lets talk reality they don’t wear them for very long. Sadly they grow so fast so get those ones you LOVE and enjoy them wearing them. I didn’t want to have so many clothes that she only got to wear it one time because we had so much!
- Pacifier. I know this can be a debatable topic as well as preference. I firmly believed our little one needed the pacie for her to have the comfort of the sucking. MANY will tell you this and we worked with her to take it and it was a life saver through those first several months with colic (read more here for my tips on fussy baby!) and tummy issues. We nursed and it never interfered with her latching or confusion!! They know where milk comes from!!!
- White Noise Machine. Again this has been a lifesaver for us. She associates sleep with her white noise machine, it was comforting to her when she was little and because of us living in a one room cottage (right now while we build our house) it drowns out noise for her while she’s asleep and we may not be. Although we are still quite it helps tremendously!
Baby Swing (read more read more hereabout a swing we loved!)
Baby Health Care Kit (they never get sick at a convenient time or when you can plan for it, so have these things on hand!)
Crib or Bassinet and sheets
Hat/Socks for winter babies
What else did I miss? Anything you could add to the list?
Don’t miss this read- read more here – when we were expecting!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!
Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Thank you so much I’m Erin for this beautiful article.I am happy to say that my wife is pregnant.Withing 2 months my baby will be born. Thank you so much for your article.I learnt many things from this blog.