As a mama of a toddler who is every growing, exploring and discovering somedays it can be a challenge keeping up with them…especially keeping up with their likes and dislikes when it comes to food. One day they’ll love one thing the next they won’t want to have anything to do with it, are you with me? Somedays I stand there confused because yesterday you loved it today you can’t stand it!!! Yet…one thing always stands true snacks are YOUR best friend and THEIR best friend! So today I’m sharing our 7 favorite and healthy snacks for your little ones. I’m all about 3 square meals but I’m telling you snacks are our best friend!
These snacks are on the healthier side, the easy side and the on-the-go side! Win-Win all around! These snacks are staples in our cabinets and you will usually find most of them in our car or diaper bag too!
- Bananas – If we are at home I’ll cut a banana in bite size pieces for her to eat at her high chair. What toddler doesn’t like to entertain themselves while eating! If we are on the go I’ll peel it back and she’ll take bites off while I’m holding it and helping her. It’s such an easy and filling snack for her.
- Animal Crackers – packed at ALL times in our diaper bag and probably our pockets too!
- Veggie Straws – Pretty much a mega ditto to #2
- Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM Original – Our favorite is the Original but check out the Gerber® Lil’ BeaniesTM White Cheddar & Broccoli too. Let your little try both because you never know which they’ll like better! It’s like sneaking in veggies and they never knew it! They are baked and made from navy beans, some days I feel like my little one gets more veggies in her diet than I do!! (Hey! by the way there is an iBotta offer for these little goodies!)
- Strawberries – Bite size pieces are her favorite and I think the color of them is inviting to her too!
- Smoothie – Zip up a favorite smoothie with blended fruits, almond milk, ice and more (search pinterest for lots of amazing and yummy toddler smoothies!) Stick it in a sippy cup that has a straw and they’ll love it. This can certainly be on the go too!
- Wheat Bread & Jelly – she LOVES LOVES LOVES this and we sometimes use it as a meal at lunch. She especially loves her Yay-Yay’s (grandmother) homemade wheat bread and I especially love feeding that too her too since I know it’s so healthy and nutritious!
PS This is our favorite splash pad snack too!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!
Leave a Reply