This blog post has been sponsored by StarKist and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Easy Meal Prep Ideas
Each Sunday afternoon you’ll find me in my kitchen prepping our breakfast, lunch and snacks for the week ahead. I also prep for our dinners, but honestly in a different way…so I’ll save those tips for another day!
Over the course of prepping our meals for the coming week I’ve learned quite a few tricks that help me make this task easier…so I’m sharing my best meal prep ideas with you…and I hope you’ll find them useful.
As we enter the New Year we are all about the motto – “New Year, New You”…am I right? I mean lets face it I’ve had my watch on that keeps track of my steps…I’ve made our meal plan to be centered around making sure it’s easy for me as well as convenient and healthy.
- Choose foods that the whole family enjoys. Simply make a list of breakfasts, lunches and snacks that everyone in the family likes. This will eliminate an excessive grocery list as well as less prep time for you.
- Create a meal prep menu. Consider StarKist Chicken Creations pouches as a great way to add protein into your meal plan as well as the convenience the pouches offer! The pouch makes it easy when you are on the move – just tear, eat and go! We’ll even use these a lot when we are traveling – hint hint!
- Don’t be afraid to choose meal prep food that’s convenient. The StarKist Chicken Creations also come in Tuna, Salmon and NEW Chicken flavors (all white meat!!)…we’ll pair these convenient pouches with a simple side salad for a complete and nutritious meal! For instance we love the StarKist Chicken Creations Zesty Lemon Pepper (be sure to visit StarKist to learn more and explore the other options they offer.) on top of a side salad for a lunch! Yummy, easy and a great protein to keep you going through the day.
- Prep the same thing for everyone in the family!
- Choose Meal Prep storage that stacks well in the fridge and takes minimal space. I’ve been through a few different glass meal prep storage options, but I’ve finally found what works best for us with what meal options I’m prepping! Sometimes it’s a trial and error but it’s wroth investing in what stores easily for you in the end.
- Many weeks I’ll prepare the same exact thing for all 5 days of lunches and breakfasts…then change it up for the next weekly meal prep.
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom, blog helping moms use their camera to capture their families and adventures, talking all things home, parenting and our travel adventures as a family. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our house we spent building for three years, doing all of the labor and work ourselves and paying for it as we went! We are blessed beyond measure and praise the Lord for all He’s done for us, through us and with us!