This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyDayWithEnergy #CollectiveBias
Fall is upon us, which means at our house, the mister is back to work. His time and energy is also focused on building our house! We are in fast forward motion trying to get as much done as we possibly can. That means long days, many hours, lots of sweat, and doing what we can to stay hydrated and energized.
One of the big questions I get is…when do you think you’ll be in the house? I know that’s a valid question and a question I ask myself often. Here’s the deal…between the mister and my dad working on the house…it’s a slow process. Yet we are saving a TON of money by them doing the labor. Thankfully between these two, they can do pretty much anything…quite literally. We are blessed! So yes, we have plans…yes, we have goals, but sometimes those goals aren’t always met and it’s a bit slower than we planned.
The BIG GOAL is by the end of fall to have all of the HVAC, rough-in plumbing, central vac, gas lines, and electrical completely finished so we can move forward with the foam insulation and then sheet rock. Oh my…when that day arrives, you will surely be able to hear me sing the Hallelujah Chorus from all four corners of the world!!!!!!! Patience – that is my word these days, patience! In the meantime, I have a few updated pictures for you all to see. All of those blue boxes and silver pipes are sweet sights these days! The baby on her Papa’s shoulder is just the cherry on top!
In the meantime, I’m sharing 5 things we do to fuel our day with energy, as we need every ounce we can get!! These are just 5 we have thought about and naturally find ourselves doing, and they work for us!
- Prep the night before! This seems simple, but it’s true. We try to plan our day and communicate to each other our plans, timeframes, or things we need help with. Planning out our day is key to getting more accomplished, for us anyway.
- Wake up Early The mornings we both wake up early and get going, we get so much more done and feel so much better. It is sometimes tricky with our little E and her sleeping patterns but we do what we can. Usually the mister sneaks out and goes outside to get his day moving. I will usually sneak upstairs and go ahead and jump into #5!
- Eat the Right Foods We all know this is key to keeping up with a busy day. The balance of not eating too much during the day so that is drags you down with a full belly…to the idea of eating the right things to keep you moving forward. It seems like around lunchtime, something salty is on the menu. As much sweating as we do down in the south, we have to keep that salt in our bodies in order to not feel fatigued! Dill pickles are the BEST when it comes to this trick!
- Drink and Stay Hydrated Before we even hit the day with work, we make sure that we down a good quart of water. Then we rotate a quart of water with a glass of Emergen-C® Energy+ dietary supplement two times throughout the morning to keep up our energy levels with natural caffeine from green tea*. These handy little packets are perfect by just adding water, giving you a fizzy freshness in the morning. Emergen-C® Energy+ comes in bold-flavored Blueberry-Açai, powder-packed Lemon-Lime, and fruit-y Mango-Peach. Our personal favorite is the Blueberry-Açai. They are flavored with natural, real fruit flavors and are also gluten free. This awesome product is found at your local Walgreens, back near the Pharmacy! This makes it super convenient for us, as we’re literally not even a mile from Walgreens!
5. Quiet time in the mornings Take time to just sit and have some quiet time. This time of solitude can help you focus and get your day off to a grand start. I know when I take this time, my days are always better…when I’m in a hurry and I don’t make this a priority, my day just doesn’t seem to go near as smoothly as when I do.
Do you have any tips you can share? We are always looking for ideas!!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little two year old, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure and hope you’ll stick around to follow along on our adventures in life.