This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SnackTimeDelight #CollectiveBias
5 Tips to Power Through the Afternoon Lull
It is no secret at our house that the afternoon lull hits us after Miss E’s nap time… and this is when we are anxiously awaiting for our Daddy to get home from work!
Honestly it’s the only time of day I usually dread the most….I guess because our routine for the day is typically complete and we are just in waiting mode. So here lately I’ve been trying to take the dread out of this time period and make it a fun time together.
Here are my best 5 tips I’ve learned to help power through these afternoon lulls….honestly it’s like throwing a mini party with snacks, music and having fun! I do this all while having a cup of coffee in my hand with the International Delight OREO® Creamer – the OREO® flavor just got found in an unexpected place making it even more delicious!
- Eat a Snack – I mean what time of day isn’t good for a snack…but after nap time and before dad gets home is usually the BEST time! I like having a quick and fun snack on hand. A new favorite we just tried is the YoCrunch® Lowfat Yogurt Cookies ‘n Cream with OREO® Cookie Pieces – This ready to go snack is the perfect combination of America’s Favorite Cookie® meets your favorite yogurt…dream world in a way! You can conveniently add these to your Walmart list… snag these during your Walmart Grocery Pick-up run or next time you’ve got to make a run into the store – happy dance!
- Turn Up the Music – Uplifting music just lifts our spirits and emotions…I usually turn this on and see if we can do #3 all during only one song!! Usually we can – sometimes it takes two songs!!
- Clean the House – I like to make sure the house is picked up before the mister gets home…nothing like walking into a mess, so I’d rather him walk into a picked up house. I know that’s not always reality but I usually make it reality.
- Go Outside – We usually head outside so we don’t mess up the house again!!! At the same time we have skipped the hottest part of our day here in South Mississippi and our swing set is in the shade.
- Do Something Together – If we can’t go outside we usually find a puzzle, a book to read or color together. Really just anything we can do together and spend time with each other. Who doesn’t like quality time together? I know we all do here at our house!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, as well as talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure… we love to travel and love being involved in ministry opportunities at our church.