This Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe is so so soooo easy but so so sooooo good! It’s a hit for my entire family and a true hit for me because it’s 4 ingredients and I’m done!
Seriously the best part about this Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings recipe, is you can dump it all into your Instant Pot – let it go while you are checking off other tasks on your to do list. The bonus is you have dinner ready for the family with very little effort, yet everyone is happy in the end…including mama!
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Here’s how to make this Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Step 1 – Place your chicken breasts in your Instant Pot with water and cook on your chicken/meat setting.
Step 2 – Once your chicken has finished pressuring/cooking you’ll place your frozen noodles, cream of chicken soup and salt/pepper into your Instant Pot to set on simmer.
Step 3- Lastly you’ll keep your instant pot lid off and let your chicken and dumplings simmer for about 30-40 minutes on medium, stirring occasionally.
Your Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings is ready to serve! I like to serve mine with green beans and corn, but really any vegetable side compliments this dish well.
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings Recipe
Ready to make this Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings? Here’s the recipe with the exact measurements.
3 Chicken Breasts
1/2 pack of (24 oz Value Size) Frozen Noodles (I use the brand Mary B’s from Walmart)
1- 10.5 oz can Cream of Chicken Soup
4 C. water
salt/pepper to taste
Step by Step:
- Place your frozen or thawed chicken breasts and 4 cups of water in your Instant Pot.
- Let your Frozen noodles be thawing while your chicken is cooking.
- Pressure on Meat/Stew setting and I always up my time about 10 minutes so that my chicken is falling apart when it’s complete. (make sure you shred your chicken with a fork/knife if it’s not already falling aprt)
- Once your Chicken is cooked, you’ve created a nice broth to then place your frozen noodles and can of cream of chicken soup into your Instant Pot with your chicken.
- Place your Instant Pot on the simmer setting (medium) for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Salt and Pepper to taste!
Tip: I ended up adding a bit more water at the end because it wasn’t the consistency I like, so keep in mind go with your personal preference in the end and add more water if you like!
More Instant Pot Recipes