I need to start with a Mom Confession: I am a snacker and I find myself in the mid afternoon wanting to much and snack. Honestly I think some days it’s out of boredom while the little is napping. Anyone else on board with me here?
Not saying it’s a bad thing to snack…but…if the little is awake I tend to want to snack with her too! It can be bad some days. So here have been my tried and true- mama tested- ways to kick the urge to snack often.
- Take a Walk – If it’s a pretty day I’ll take miss E outside and we’ll go on a walk and get busy, this helps get my mind off of the idea of snacking!
- Drink a glass of water – they say if you drink a glass of water, many times your body is just thirsty when you think it’s craving a snack! Try it – it has worked many times for me!!
- Chew gum- yep, works most every time too. Chew gum and go on a walk- get busy and get your mind on other things.
- Eat filling proteins and foods – I have found if I snack on something that is filling and healthy for you, I can eat just a small portion and I’m good to go. My new favorite are the Sejoyia Coco-Roons cookies! (heads up they are in the gluten free section at Walmart!) Made with all natural ingredients and a super food! Try both flavors and tell me which one you like the best….Brownie Flavor or Lemon Flavor! I loved the brownie flavor which is made with the finest raw, organic cocoa and has a delicious deep, rich flavor. On the other hand the mister loved the lemon flavor with it’s light and refreshing flavor- opposites attract, right?
- but the mister likes lemon! Someone asked me if they are made of coconut and the answer is YES + cashews! So yummy- gluten free, non GMO, no refined sugar, sweetened with organic maple syrup….just all around delicious and filling!
Thank me later for this offer too! Take advantage of the $0.75 off ibotta offer when you purchase 1 Sejoyia Coco-Roons at Walmart! Also, get an additional $.50 for redeeming the rebate on 3 different shopping trips!
- Clean out a cabinet or closet – the idea here is just to get busy. Put your hands to work and your mind on a task to accomplish.
- FaceTime or Call a Friend/family member – we love this and our family loves it too!!!! Again being productive while getting your mind off the urge to snack!
- Read a book or magazine – grab a piece of gum, sit outside on a gorgeous day and fill your brain with learning and stretching your mind!
- Get busy playing with your Kids – this always does it for me…we go on the swing set, we play at the water table, we go get the mail, we run errands or we put together a puzzle. Any of the above will get your mind off of the desire to eat and onto being productive.
What ways do you curve your appetite to want to snack? This mama will take all of the pointers I can get!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses! Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST