Indulge in this amazing and simple Petite Cherry Cheesecake Recipe aka NILLA Wafer cherry cheesecake recipe! A perfect petite cheesecake recipe that will dazzle any party or get together!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #simplegoodness #CollectiveBias
NILLA Wafers were a constant staple in our pantry as I was growing up. The reason why is not only because they really are the best little cookie out there…but my granddad worked for Nabisco and he ALWAYS brought us goodies which consistently included NILLA Wafers, it never failed.
Whether my mom used them in a family favorite dessert or as a simple snack when we got home from school…they were always there. As a vivid childhood memory of mine…this yellow and red box sitting on our countertop with the top open and hands constantly in the box…brings back so many memories. To this day if I go to my granddad’s I will most likely see NILLA Wafers, my parent’s pantry and occasionally mine (because I have to restrain myself in certain areas of life!)…most often paired with peanut butter in between two wafers for an afternoon snack.
Soooo add NILLA Wafers to your Walmart list (I’ll explain WHY you should do this below!!) as you’re prepping for your spring/Easter gatherings! Then if you’re like me, I’m always up to save money where I can – so snag this Ibotta offer! In the recipe below you can see what other ingredients you’ll need for this simple and easy dessert/snack recipe.
With spring here in south Mississippi and the weather beautiful that means we tend to have more company over for outside play and family fun around the table. On my list to make for our family Easter get together are these amazing Petite Cherry Cheesecakes. They are bite size which can be dangerous or good if you’re on the run chasing a toddler, like myself.
Petite Cherry Cheesecake Recipe
- 2- 8oz pkgs. Cream Cheese -softened
- 3 egg yolks
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3 egg whites, beaten stiff
- NILLA Wafer - crushed (use a food processor for ease)
- 3 Tbsp. Melted Butter
- 3/4 sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 Can of Cherry Pie Filling
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add egg yolks and mix.
- Add sugar and mix.
- Fold egg whites.
- Generously whisk brush sides of mini muffin tins with melted better.
- Place a spoonful of wafer crumbs inch cup and shake until each cup is covered around the sides with crumbs.
- Fill cup almost full with cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 min.
- Combine topping ingredients: 3/4 c. sour cream, 2 Tbsp. Sugar, 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Put 1/2 tsp of mixture in depression of each cake. The cakes may be removed while warm they are difficult to remove at room temperature.
- Once cool, top with a cherry or two from the pie filling. You can use any fruit you wish to change it up if you'd like!
It’s an easy step by step process of making these little goodies. The recipe might seem cumbersome but it’s really not…once you get the hang of it, it’s a breeze to make!
If you have all of your ingredients prepped and measured out it helps the process to scoot along quite quickly.
What will be on your menu for upcoming family gatherings?
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses! Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST