This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PilotYourHoliday #CollectiveBias
Hand Lettered Christmas Ornaments
Tis the Season!
I love hand made gifts especially when they are easy for me and timeless. These hand lettered Christmas ornaments can also duel as a gift tag or even a place setting accent for your table scape at Christmas time.
What you need to make Hand Lettered Christmas Ornaments:
- Wood Circles – you can snag these from most any craft store
- 10Ct G2® Mini Assorted Pens – from Target –> Snag 15% off any G2 Gel Ink Pen HERE –> Cartwheel Offer (live 11/30-12/31)
- Festive Ribbon
Let me put a little plug in for these amazing G2® Pens by Pilot Pen. I love them not only for hand lettering but also because I love the smooth gel ink when writing holiday cards, gift tags, Santa letters or even my LONG to do list during this season! I think they’d be an amazing stocking stuffer too!!
Hover this photo and click to shop these adorable mini G2® Pens by Pilot Pen.
Step by Step How to Make Hand Lettered Christmas Ornaments:
- Decide what word or name you’d like to put on your wood circle. You can go with a holiday/festive word or you can use a personalized name which is great if you are dueling these as a place setting at a table along with a little take home ornament gift.
- Write your chosen word/name in a hand lettered font. My BEST tips on how to do this is found HERE. Hand lettering really is simple. Believe me I’m not an artsy person and if I can do it and make it look decent I pinky promise you, you can too! Just follow these steps.
- On the back I like to put a to/from. I usually only put a to: if I didn’t personalize the front with their name…make sense?
- Cut approximately 3-4 inches (doesn’t have to be exact!) of your twine/jute. Tie this onto your wood circle to create a hanging loop.
- Cut approximately 5 inches of your ribbon and tie this onto the front of your twine/jute loop.
These really are very classic, timeless and being hand made makes them sentimental for your family and guests.
What are other creative ways you can think to use these hand lettered ornaments? Don’t forget you can Snag 15% off any G2 Gel Ink Pen HERE –> Cartwheel Offer live 11/30-12/31
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from a small town in South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom. A blog helping moms capture their kiddos in life, chatting all things home, and parenting, travels and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure… we love to travel and love being involved in ministry opportunities at our church.