This STEAM Activity for Preschoolers is a fun and engaging Christmas ornament. Engineering a noodle Christmas ornament includes engineering, art and math!
Engineering a Noodle Christmas Ornament
We love STEAM activities that include engineering for preschoolers as it’s kind of hard activity to find to balance out learning!
The girls had a BLAST doing this STEAM Activity and the good news for you teacher or moms it’s super easy!
What you need to make the Noodle Christmas Ornament:
How to Engineer a Noodle Christmas Ornament:
- Paint the blank wooden ornament yellow. Let dry (doesn’t take long!)
- While your yellow is drying let the kids paint the noodles red and green. Then let those dry!
- Once everything is dry…tie your string through your wooden ornament. (I did have to have my husband drill holes for this…..)
- Once your noodles are dry we used these for our MATH activity – using our Math Mats (find them HERE).
- We counted a pile of noodles
- We sorted into color piles
- We used our Math Mats and did some addition, subtraction and number piles as well.
- We then used the Elmer’s glitter glue and glued the noodles onto the ornament. This was probably their favorite part!
- Let dry and hang on your tree!
- Don’t forget to date the back of the ornament too!!
We are a husband and wife team, pairing our strengths together to teach our preschooler in the most fun and engaging way we possibly can. The mister is a high school educator at Northlake Christian school in Covington Louisiana and over the Innovation Center, which is all things STEAM. I am a SAHM that blogs pretty much everything we do in our little paradise, from what we eat, to where we travel to how we teach our little one. We hope you are inspired to incorporate STEAM into learning with your children.