This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PrepNowSavorLater #StockPrepWin #CollectiveBias
Easy Cajun Gumbo Recipe
As the holidays are quickly approaching I’m already making a list of a few recipes that are crowd friendly…plus I like to look for crowd friendly recipes that are freezer friendly. So sometimes this can be a challenge to find both…but this Easy Cajun Gumbo Recipe definitely gives me both and is such a tasty recipe to share with family and friends. Being raised right outside of New Orleans most all of my life I’ve come to appreciate the cajun culture and food at the same time learning to cook it!
As I mentioned this is a crowd pleaser and freezer friendly – yet might I add it’s one of the MOST simple recipes to cook ever. I mean that with all that is within me…I’m not just exaggerating this at all.
I have found THE BEST way to freeze this recipe is by using my FoodSaver® FM5330 Vacuum Sealing System and my FoodSaver® Heat-Sealed Rolls and FoodSaver® Heat-Sealed Bags that go along with it. Why these bags? Because they are best for long-term freezer storage, blocking out air and helping to prevent freezer burn and how true this is!!! So for me this makes me stocking up my freezer super easy…and YES it’s the FoodSaver® – As seen on TV…but even though they are seen on TV I snagged mine at Bed Bath and Beyond!
This FoodSaver® Vacuum Sealer FM5330 keeps food fresh in less time with less steps compared to theFoodSaver® V4440 Models. FoodSaver® is the solution to save food by keeping food fresh up to 5x longer than ordinary storage methods i.e. zipper bags, foil, plastic wrap, containers etc. It truly does help prevent freezer burn which was a seller for me!
Win! Win! Win!!!! You can win your very own by entering the FoodSaver® Sweepstakes – Stocking up with FoodSaver® bags and rolls this harvest and holiday season has is perks, every bags and rolls purchase gets you closer to NYC!
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo Recipe
- 1-2 lbs sausage
- 2-3 lbs boneless chicken breasts – cut up (even better you can use leftover turkey from holiday cooking!)
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 c. Tony’s Instant Roux
- 3 toes of garlic, crushed
- 1 container of the trinity mix (it is pre-chopped bell pepper, onion, celery and parsley)
- Tony’s Creole Seasoning to taste
- 4 c. water
- Sauté trio medley with sausage until sausage is browned.
- Place trinity mix, sausage, chicken, chicken broth, garlic, water and Tony’s creole seasoning in stock pot.
- Let slow cook for 3 hours or until chicken is cooked and falling apart.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve hot with white rice, french bread or hush puppies – which is a favorite side to this dish for us!
- This recipe can double or triple easily.
- If you plan on placing it in the freezer let cool completely before placing it in your FoodSaver® Heat-Sealed Rolls and FoodSaver® Heat-Sealed Bags.
- It’s so super easy to follow the step by steps instructions given for creating a bag to use with your FoodSaver® FM5330 Vacuum Sealing System
I hope you all will give this recipe a whirl and try it out! Do you have any great crowd friendly and freezer friendly recipes you can share with me?
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, traveling, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses! Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST