This post has been compensated by Extended Stay America – All opinions are mine alone. Are you looking for Free Things to do in Destin FL that are family and kid friendly? These are ideas including things to do at night in Destin FL.
While staying in Destin FL we enjoyed our nights at Extended Stay America – the perfect spot to come back and relax, cook dinner in our hotel room (if you want to and save some extra $ while on your stay). An extra plus is each morning on our way out to the beach we were able to take a quick grab and go breakfast they offer – I am also able to wash clothes in the hotel laundry room!
We had a grand time on our little getaway and wanted to share a few highlights with you in hopes you’ll have a grand time on your vacation to Destin Florida as well.
Free Things to do in Destin FL
- Go to the Beach – seems obvious but oh so fun!
- Swim in the Gulf – grab a raft and if the warning flags permit and the water isn’t too cold, jump and ride the waves!
- Build a Sandcastle – not much better than using your imagination and building sand castles – the possibilities are endless!
- Sit on the Beach – relax, if you can with kids along!
- Walk on the Beach – we love walking the beach, enjoying the sites, the sound of the waves, our toes in the sand and –> #6
- Look for Seashells – grab a sand bucket and look for seashells along the beach.
- Fly a Kite – if it’s a windy day…it’s a fun day to fly a kite!
- Draw Pictures and Words in the Sand – grab a sea shell or use your finger, draw pictures, words or your names
- Go to The Village of Baytowne Wharf – a great evening activity after you’ve cleaned up and eaten!
- Play at the playground and Splash pad at Destin Commons Mall – great change of pace from the beach!
- Drive along 30A – great sites, beautiful homes and gorgeous drive. I wouldn’t recommend this if you are in the peak season though!!!! It would take you hours to get through this highway!
- Watch a Sunset – grab your camera and watch the sunset!
- Jump the Waves – Get your feet wet and jump the waves as they come to shore and chase you!
- Feed the seagulls (if you are willing to let them flock around you!) – this is brave…any food attracts the seagulls…warning they poop often!
- Find sand crabs at night- grab a flash light and at the seashore look for sand crabs or sand fleas as some call them – little white crabs that run along as the water recedes at the smooth sand!
Things to do in Destin at Night
We love the beach at night and the Destin area – free things to do at night –
- Check out the Baytowne Wharf calendar for events
- Go for a Walk on the beach
- Watch the Sunset then…
- Find the sand crabs at night on the beach!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom, blog helping moms use their camera to capture their families and adventures, talking all things home, parenting and our travel adventures as a family. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our house we spent building for three years, doing all of the labor and work ourselves and paying for it as we went! We are blessed beyond measure and praise the Lord for all He’s done for us, through us and with us.