These Pineapple Teriyaki Burgers are an all time favorite here at our house. Whether it’s a birthday party, a tailgate party, or a home gating party as we call it..these burgers are a hit at our house! From the young to the old, we all love this meal. I serve it with chips and it’s a complete meal…nothing fancy, but it’s sure to leave you wanting seconds!
Without fail, every single time we have made these burgers and had guests over they love them. I sometimes get nervous thinking they may not like them…thinking they’ll just be polite and eat them…but even the pickiest of friends we have fed these to love them! This is what I call a WIN of a recipe!
Everyone asks us where we got this recipe. I of course confess and tell them – Pinterest. Right after we had our little Miss E, we decided that going out on date night for Friday nights was easier to stay home! Haha! Yet, we wanted to do something that made the night fun and special, while doing something together. Since we both love hamburgers and my husband loves to grill we decided to start trying unique burger recipes. This was one of the first and it has certainly stuck around and made it’s mark in our house! From kids to adults everyone raves about them. So I hope you won’t snarl your nose and I hope you’ll try them out!
Below, in the recipe you’ll find a few ingredients that’s used and I wanted to share about two of them. This is the teriyaki sauce I use and love because the flavor is totally on point and it also has sesame seeds within the sauce – an added flair I like!
Also when I first made this recipe I had to look high and low for the cream of coconut and in fact the first trip to the store I got the wrong thing…it took me two trips. So to save you time this is the cream of coconut I use and LOVE.
Neither of these sauces go bad quickly, so you can refrigerate what you don’t use on the first recipe…and if you like this meal as much as we do then I’ll guarantee you’ll be using these sauces again in the near future!!
- 4 - Potato Buns
- 1 - lb. Ground Meat
- 1/4 c. Teriyaki Sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 Slices of Pineapple
- 2/3 c. Cream of Coconut
- 1/3 c. Mayonnaise
- Bacon slices, cooked
- 1 small can crushed Pineapple, drained
- 1/3 c. Sour Cream
- Mix your ground meat, salt & pepper to taste and teriyaki sauce together. Let sit in fridge for at least an hour to "marinade" before grilling.
- Mix crushed pineapple, cream of coconut and sour cream together making a Pina Colada sauce.
- Mix 1/3 c. of the above Pina Colada Sauce with 1/3 c. Mayo together. This is the sauce that will top your hamburger!
- Pat your ground meat into burgers and grill.
- Toast your hamburger buns on the grill - add butter to these if you wish!
- Grill your pineapple slices.
- To create your burger start with your bottom bun, stack your grilled burger and grilled pineapple, top with cooked bacon slices and lather on the Pina Colada sauce you made in step #3 top with bun and wa-la your creation is made.
- It's mouth watering delicious so enjoy!
We usually just serve these burgers with a kettle salt and pepper chip…it’s a delicious meal that we cook quite often. If you are brave enough to take my word and try these please let me know what you think in the comments below!