This post has been compensated by Inmar Intelligence and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MyMazolaMarinade
Yummy comfort food is my go to… At the same time I’m all about trying to make swaps within a recipe that are better for my family. Finding simple ways I can do these swaps is simply taking a favorite recipe and swapping ingredients for healthier-for-you ingredients. A clinical study showed Mazola Corn Oil reduces cholesterol 2x more than extra virgin olive oil. To learn more about this claim, visit Mazola.com.
Mazola® Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family. Mazola Corn Oil is a heart-healthy* cooking oil and creates marinades that make great-tasting food because it has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
You’ll be able to mix up this yummy marinade in minutes and stick in the fridge – grill for that evening or even save for the next day. Your prep time is so little and then all you have is your grilling time! I’m telling you this is a winner when it comes to my entire family enjoying it plus it’s a super easy/quick dish for me to put together ahead of time. I have started cooking many of our meals with Mazola® Corn Oil. I am always trying to make smart, heart-healthy choices for my family, which is why I chose corn oil as my all-purpose cooking oil within this recipe.
TIP: Be sure to prep your marinade ahead of time and let your shrimp have time to marinade – at least an hour but longer is even better!
Chili Lime Shrimp Kabobs
- 15-20 Jumbo Shrimp (defrosted)
- 1/2 c. Mazola Corn Oil
- 2 tsp. lime zest
- 1/4 c. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 c. finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Red Onion, chunk/sliced
- Yellow or Orange Bell Pepper, chunk/sliced
Step by Step:
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the Mazola corn oil (Mazola® Corn Oil is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is a smart heart-healthy* choice for your family.) , lime zest, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, honey, cilantro and salt. Stir together until mixed.
- Stir shrimp into the marinade. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to high. Alternate and slide the marinaded shrimp, bell pepper and red onion slices onto the skewer. There is no rhyme or reason on the order or how many on each skewer!
- Brush the kabobs with the remaining marinade being careful to cover the vegetables well.
- Place kabobs on grill over high heat and cook over an open grill for 3-5 minutes. Using tongs, turn skewers and grill for another 3-5 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Remove from grill to a serving platter.
TIPS: If you are using bamboo skewers: Prepare bamboo skewers by soaking in warm water for 45 minutes to an hour. If you do this first, they should be adequately soaked by the time the shrimp are finished marinating. I happen to have stainless steel skewers as seen in my pictures!
Mazola Corn Oil is a heart-healthy* cooking oil and creates marinades that make great-tasting food because it has a neutral taste that lets the natural flavor of your food stand out.
If you want to add a little kick of spice to your marinade feel free to add some finely chopped jalapeno peppers – add at your own risk for your heat preference!
As I mentioned earlier I love using the Mazola Corn Oil for a better for your swap in my recipes…there are also some more perks because it is an all-purpose, cholesterol free cooking oil that is smart heart-heathy choice for your family. Variety of uses include baking, grilling, sautéing, stir frying, or mixing up a marinade or dressing.
These Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp Kabobs are a great way to kick off the grilling season! Serve these kabobs with a salad to make an easy and delicious meal. Enjoy!
*see Mazola.com for more information on the relationship between corn oil and heart health.