This post is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Armour Premium All Natural Lard, but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #ArmourPremiumLard http://my-disclosur.es/OBsstV
At our house you will often find “br-inner” aka breakfast for dinner on our menu plan, quite often. I love scheduling this on a day that is busier than normal or I don’t have as much time to prep and spend in the kitchen. Breakfast for dinner is so so so easy for me! Plus this Easy Veggie Omelet Recipe is a favorite for us all and from time to time I change it up…this past week we had our all time favorite omelets.
Tip: I used Armour Premium All-Natural Lard this time and loved it...for many reasons -first because it is one of the healthiest cooking fats and second when doing an omelet in a skillet you have a tendency to have heat in the pan that is exposed for a bit so the Armour Premium All-Natural Lard does not smoke at high temperatures which is great! I was super excited about #2 especially because it never fails when I’m cooking with butter in a skillet/pan our smoke alarms go off! Drives me nuts…not this time, thanks to the Armour Premium All-Natural Lard.
I don’t know why omelets seem fancy to me but they do. For some reason I respect them more than “just eggs”…why? I’m crazy or something because it’s all the same thing…but really – lets be honest – omelets taste so much better than “just eggs” on any given day. Are you with me?
So grab your black cast iron skillet and lets get to cooking!
Easy Veggie Omelet Recipe
3 Eggs (per omelet) – crack and beat as if you were making scrambled eggs
Armour Premium All-Natural Lard (found in the baking aisle at Walmart)
shredded cheddar cheese
ham, chopped (optional)
Step by Step:
- In the bottom of a hot skillet place 1 TBSP Armour Premium All-Natural Lard, let melt and tilt your skillet so it covers entire bottom of skillet. (The Armour Premium All-Natural Lard is Versatile in the kitchen – Use it for baking, frying, sautéing!! )
- Place eggs in skillet and turn your heat down to medium/low.
- I don’t like my eggs runny at all so I cook my egg for a few minutes.
- Once egg is cooked (almost to your liking) add in your desired amount of cheese, onion, pepper, tomato, and ham- (optional) to one half-side of your egg.
- Fold remaining egg over to make a half circle.
- Let cook for approx. 60-90 seconds on low.
- Flip your egg over and let cook on opposite side for approx 60-90 seconds on low.
- Top with avocado, cheese and tomato for a pretty presentation!
Major TIP: You really can’t go wrong with an omelet and my best trick to getting a good flip without crumbling the egg is the Armour Premium All-Natural Lard that covers your skillet well and cooking your egg slowly on low which makes the food crispy, flaky and light on the egg!
Feel free to add any other veggies or variations, again you really can’t go wrong!!!