Have fun with our all about me preschool activity + free printable as –
I was asked by Carusele to participate in this #SimplyNice campaign, sponsored by Walgreens. Although I have been compensated, all opinions are my own.
We are quickly approaching the First Day of School in a few short weeks! This means I’m polishing up our morning routine chart and getting our fun all about me preschool activity ready for our first day of school to begin! But…first we have to have our favorite snacks to accompany our back to school activities! Let’s prioritize and get the important things taken care of first – like our favorite Nice! snacks!
Nice!® products are conveniently available at Walgreens, making stocking up a snap. We love Nice!® products because not only do they taste great but feature better-for-you ingredients! Incorporated into each package is transparent labeling, so you can feel good about buying delicious snacks from this trusted brand! Nice! products are our go to because they are convenient to pick up at our local Walgreens – we love them for all occasions besides just back to school!
On our quick stop at our local Walgreens we grabbed a few favorite snacks to celebrate and kick off our Pre-K5 school year ahead! I let my 4 year old have freedom and choose some of her favorite snacks which were:
- Nice! Popcorn
- Nice! Veggie Straws
- Nice! Puffs
- Nice! Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies
A little girl after my own heart – good choices sweet girl!!!
All About Me Preschool
With 3-4 year olds, it’s always a lot of fun to ask them questions and document their answers. They can say the funniest things, want the craziest stuff and come up with the cutest little things…that every parent wants to remember and never forget!
So I thought for our first day of school this year it would be cute to ask my 4 year old some preschool questions around the theme of “all about me”! I created a rainbow craft we could use to document her answers…creating an all about me printable so you can easily do this activity with your little ones as well. (You can snag the free printable below)
All About Me Preschool Questions
Feel free to change up the questions from what we used below and use questions you’d like to document of your own student/child…but the questions I chose to use are a total of 7 so we could create a full rainbow on our cloud craft.
- My favorite color is ________.
- I am ____ Years Old.
- My favorite food is ________.
- I want to be a ________ when I grow up.
- My favorite thing to do is ____________.
- My favorite number is ___________.
- My favorite book is ____________.
There are so many more questions you could ask and include in this craft, the possibilities are endless. Get creative – and leave me a comment of your clever question – and your preschoolers answer!!!
All About Me Preschool Activity
Important to note for timing: This is a very quick and easy craft – it literally took us about ten minutes and we were finished! Now if you have a classroom of preschoolers as a teacher you know this will take you a little longer but still it’s not a long drawn out craft.
What you need:
- All About Me Printable (FREE Download) – 1 per preschooler
- Crayons or Colored Pencils – cloud: light blue rainbow colors: (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo & violet)
- Scissors (teacher/parent)
- Glue Stick
Step by step:
- Let your preschooler write their own name (if they can write their name) on the cloud.
- Ask them the questions and have them give you their answer, write the answer down for them in the blank.
- Next, let the kids color their cloud- light blue.
- Line up the crayons/colored pencils in the rainbow order and let them color their answer strips. If your preschoolers don’t know the order of the rainbow use this time to teach them!
- Teacher/Parent: cut out the cloud and strips for the preschooler. I know that my 4 year old doesn’t have scissor cutting skills yet – we’ll be working on that skill this year!
- Every preschooler LOVES to glue things – so instruct them to put glue on the back of their cloud.
- Place the rainbow strips in the proper rainbow order on the glue at bottom of their cloud.
- You now have a beautiful All About Me themed craft!
Through this activity I really spoke strongly to my preschooler around the theme of “I am special” – told her how special she was to me and others. We talked about how her answers were unique to her and all about her which makes her special! I told her no two 4 year olds are alike and she’s created super special! Use this time to create a positive attitude and atmosphere for your three and four year olds through this fun hands on activity.
Leave a Reply