Family Friendly things to do at Joe Wheeler State Park and Lodge. From the marina, cabins, lodge and golf course there are plenty of fun things to do!
A big big thank you to Joe Wheeler State Lodge for hosting us during our stay.
We enjoyed a wonderful few days at Joe Wheeler State Park Lodge! What turned into a quick trip ended up turning into a last minute full fledge family reunion on the lake! What could have been more fun?! Not much!
Nestled in the quiet of North Alabama is Joe Wheeler State Park – With 2550 acres this state owned park has so many options to explore and adventure. If you are needing a place to stay the Lodge, Cabins or Cottages are great options – as well as the campground if you have an RV or tent! No matter where you decide to sleep it’s going to be peaceful and relaxing.
Joe Wheeler State Park
Curious what you and your family can do while staying in the park? There is plenty to do whether you are looking to relax or stay busy! I’ll share our favorite highlights of things we did at the park:
- Fishing – Was this a highlight of our trip or what? With 8 of the 9 kids fishing – we spread out and had fun watching the patience of these kids grow! It was extra special because it was my little ones first time fishing – she was so super patient (gets that from her daddy) and on the second day she caught her own fish! She was pretty thrilled to say the least!
- Boat Rental – Oh what a day we had jumping from the boat into the lake – more times than I could count! We have been sun kissed and worn out but a memory is worth it!
- Swimming – these kids could swim all day everyday…I’m certainly convinced of that! The pool at the lodge was one of the books from sun-up to sun-down!
- Nature Trail Walks – finding nature is a highlight – especially in new places where the leaves look different and the walks are more fun! We filled up a bag full of fun pieces of nature along the way.
- Driving through the park in the evenings watching and looking at the deer in the park!
- Watching the BEST sunrises and sunsets – seriously we had the BEST view from the lodge over looking the marina – and the sunrises were worth waking up for and the sunsets were amazing. I tell you I’ll take a sunrise/sunset any day – and none of them disappointed us on this trip!
Then just put all of that on repeat for three nights and 4 days!
Outside of what we were able to squeeze in for a few days there are still so many fun things to do and some we’ve even added to our bucket list for our next visit. To find out more details and “things to do” go HERE.
To see more of our recent family travels: