This post is sponsored by Tyson®, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
Meal Prepping Tips to Make Life Easier
One of my goals this year is to, of course, make meals that are healthier for us. Partly why I let this slip through is because we get busy and I don’t plan accordingly. So my first action is to PLAN!
- I go grocery shopping every two weeks so prior to my shopping trip I make a meal plan, then I make my grocery list from this plan. I plan breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner. PLAN PLAN PLAN! This not only helps me save money but helps me stay on track for feeding my family healthier meals.
- Once I have made my plan – I do check sale ads and see where I can compare and save money, even if I have to tweak my plan slightly, I don’t mind. In the meantime I do feel like having the plan before scoping the ads helps me stay on track for healthier meals.
- Buy in bulk. Can you buy in bulk to save cost? This can be a big money saver as well as time saver with Sam’s Club online ordering and pickup. At Sam’s Club I was able to purchase Tyson® Frozen Chicken Breasts and use these in a meal prep I had planned for our lunches. I’m always up for trying a new recipe and these amazing Greek Chicken Pita’s have been a HUGE hit. It’s fresh and better for us when it comes to a “better for you protein” and making my meal prep easier. Sharing this recipe at the end of this post! So yummy!
- Give yourself some grace! Are there any meals you can purchase pre-made and pre-packaged to make life a bit easier when it’s so busy. There is nothing wrong with not stretching yourself and stressing yourself out. We have so many great meal options already at our fingertips that are healthier for you and a delicious meal. I snagged the Jimmy Dean Delights® English Muffins or my husband to grab and go for his breakfast. This is in our meal rotation plan and gives me 12 breakfasts in one box!
- For the BEST and most amazing Greek Chicken Gyros recipe snag it from: Cooking Classy