This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerSundaes #CollectiveBias
I scream you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!!!!
Sooooo let’s just get it out there… I married a man that loves ice cream. Literally…I run a tight race with ice cream – ok just kidding but you get my point! I know if anything can cheer my man up it’s ice cream! There is no function complete with out ice cream, no date night finished with out ice cream and if he had his way our freezer would always have ice cream in it. Well I for other reasons don’t stock our house with ice cream!!!!! I look at it and put on pounds, while he doesn’t- lucky guy! So all of that to say…whether it’s a family gathering, a birthday party or any celebration – Ice cream must be in attendance! Making ice cream sundae’s is just the cherry on top- no pun intended!
An all american classic- the Ice Cream Sundae! We’ve added our own personal twist to it and it’s been a winner! Growing up my mom would make an ice cream dessert and would layer it with a crunchy mix…I took that recipe and recreated our traditional Ice Cream Sundae- WINNER!
Here goes the secret recipe, ready?
- 1 Stick of Butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups Rice Chex, Crushed
- 1 Cup of Nuts
- 1 Cup of Coconut
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Bake in a 9x13 pan for 30 minutes on 300 (Degrees). Stir occasionally (2-3 times).
- Let cool completely
- Add to the bottom of your ice cream sundae, then sprinkle the top with a tablespoon.
Additional Toppings – for inspiration, anything I can add to the list???
- Nuts, chopped
- Reddi-Wip® original whipped topping
- Fruit – cut into small pieces
- Graham Crackers, broken in pieces
- Smucker’s Hot Fudge Spoonable Ice Cream Topping – (There is a wide variety of ice cream toppings to add delight — and a creative touch — to dessert time when it comes to Smucker’s!)
- Blue Bunny® PB ‘N Cones™ ( This is a NEW Blue Bunny treat- giving a classic flavor a fun & unique twist!)
A little P.S. – I found all of these at one stop, Walmart!