This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CelebrateClean #CollectiveBias
As you are hosting a party whether it be a holiday party, Birthday party or celebration of any kind these tips will help you plan, organize and SAVE MONEY! Who doesn’t like that, right? Thank goodness that there are items like Angel Soft® Bath Tissue and Sparkle® Paper Towel (thanks to Family Dollar) when planning a party on a budget!!
1- Plan & Organize
- This is the biggest key in making a successful party happen on a budget!
- Set a budget
- If you are planning far enough in advance you can spread the expenses over a few weeks/pay checks
- If it’s a party that comes around annually i.e. birthday party, holiday party, family gathering plan a list of what you’ll need for decorations or even non-perishable foods. You can keep an eye out for sales or discounts at your local craft stores and local marts. You never know what sales/clearances you’ll come across and if you have a list your mind won’t go blank on you, because you can pull up your list (either keep it in your planner or on your phone!!)
- Organize and keep your items in a basket as you go. This is great especially if you are prepping a few weeks in advance.
2- Use What You Have
- Are there things you already have that you can use?
- Can you plan your party menu around food you already have in your pantry?
- Decorations you’ve used from past parties and gatherings, can you reorganize them and pair them in a different way to give you a totally new look without breaking the bank on going out and buying an entire new look?
3- Shop several weeks in advanced to catch the sales/coupons
- Sticking to your list and looking for coupons and local sales for these items can save you many dollars
- If you plan (#1) you’ll be able to have a few weeks to look out for sales on food items and household staples
- Don’t be afraid to tweak your food plan for what’s on sale – just don’t let it get you off track completely!
- Stock up on the extras you’ll need for all of your guests coming to your home…nothing worse than running out of essentials, right? For instance I stocked up on extra Angel Soft® Bath Tissue and Sparkle® Paper Towel thanks to Family Dollar!
4- Don’t be afraid to ask for help or allow others to help
- If you are like me anytime I host a party or gathering I always have friends or family offer to help, LET THEM!
- Even if it’s the smallest item allow them to help you because they probably want to since they offered, right?!
5- GIVE- I know it seems contrary to the topic but it’s truth, you can’t outgive even when you’re on a budget!
- This seems so contrary doesn’t it? Well it’s not!!! Don’t get greedy just because you are sticking to a budget. If there is an opportunity to go above and beyond then do it.
- On the flip side if you are invited to a party or gathering YOU offer to help. You know how it goes on the other side, now it’s your turn to be a blessing so GIVE!
Bonus tips on Saving Money!
For instance you can sign up for Family Dollars Smart Coupons (quick intro video below!) and save additional money when prepping for parties, not to mention a convenient stop for your party shopping!! So right now you can save 50¢ on BOTH Angel Soft® bath tissue and Sparkle® paper towel (for a total of $1.00 in savings if they purchase both) with the Smart Coupons now –> 10/20 through –> 12/27/16
- Offer: Save 50¢ off ONE (1) Angel Soft® Bath Tissue, 12 Family Roll or 12 Big Lavender Roll
- Offer: Save 50¢ off ONE (1) Sparkle® Paper Towel, 6 Roll
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!
Leave a Reply