Today I’m partnering with Ragu to bring you some comfort food in an effort to help you find delicious recipes that your whole family will love. Only 6 ingredients and prep time is about 15 minutes! It doesn’t get any easier than that my friends.
This has quickly become one of our family favorites! Yet I want to help take the work load off of you because it’s beyond easy and a great freezer meal too! I love a good home cooked meal and I want that for my family. Lets admit though there are times we can’t exactly spend a couple of hours in the kitchen doing a gourmet meal, thanks to Ragu for their efforts in bringing us this yummy and delicious homestyle pasta sauce!
A couple of months ago I shared with you how I meal plan, as a WAHM (work at home mom), and juggle it all yet still make sure that my family has a meal on the table at supper time! If you missed those tips take a second and catch up on these tips!
As our schedule is getting busier for the fall time ahead and our little one is only napping twice a day with more awake time I find myself really wanting to stick more meals in the freezer for those crazier days! A friend made this for us and we all loved it, including our little Elle who is loving table food now!! One thing I am really trying to do with our Elle is avoid coloring in our food (as much as possible!) and Ragu has done that for us! They don’t use artificial flavors or colors nor do they use high fructose corn syrup. It’s GREAT! You can read more HERE about what they are doing to help keep your family healthier! I wanted to share it with you all and hope y’all enjoy it!
- 1 Jar Homestyle Ragu Pasta Sauce
- 1 Package of Tortellini Pasta
- 2 - Zucchini, chopped
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Handfuls of fresh spinach or 1 cup of frozen spinach
- 8 oz grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large pot bring 3 quarts of water and 1 1/2 tablespoons of salt to a boil. When the water starts to boil add the tortellini. Once the water returns to a boil cook for an additional 2 minutes. You don't want to cook the pasta completely because it will cook when you bake the casserole. Remove from heat and drain.
- 2. While preparing the pasta, sauté the zucchini in butter (add a little garlic if you'd like!) Once the zucchini is soft add the Ragu Homestyle Pasta Sauce. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Add spinach and stir.
- 3. Stir cooked tortellini pasta into the sauce. Remove from heat. Spread the tortellini mixture into a 9x13 casserole dish. Sprinkle grated mozzarella cheese on top.
- 4. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 4-5 minutes more or until cheese is lightly brown or bubbly.
A few additional tips:
1- If you want to freeze half it works really well, just don’t bake it and stick it in the freezer. When you’re ready for it pull it out of the freezer, thaw then bake! Wa-la you have a VERY quick meal!
3- It can be a meal in and of itself but you can always add a side salad to get some fresh veggies in!
Visit the campaign landing page to learn more about the new line of Ragu Homestyle sauces and find a taste of home
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our new little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!