This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Wet Ones® Hand Wipes. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are squeezing in our last summer time hoorahs before it’s back to school and back to the swing of our “normal” schedule! Normal is all-relative, these days though! Recently watched a Gabe and Garrett video on their You Tube channel and it inspired me to have a last summer hoorah with my family.
There are days our little one is running around and talking up a storm… there are days she plays and entertains herself so very well…There are days and times I just want to do something “out of our ordinary”. ..Something fun, something new, something adventurous for her. So today I’m sharing our top favorite activities we have been doing this summer in hopes of sharing some new ideas for you to take on and do with your little one.
As with most anything these, days messes happen! I have to say our little E is quite the particular kind and doesn’t mind getting wet and dirty if that’s the planned activity…if it’s not planned and it’s not supposed to happen then she wants us to clean her hands or her mess pronto! I have to laugh, on the inside, because she’s really just a spitting image of me. Oh the joys of parenting and the journey of motherhood!
The biggest tip I’d like to share is to pick up Wet Ones® Hand Wipes at your local Walmart and have them handy at all times. These wipes are tough on dirt and germs, but gentle on skin! I have used them on so many messy activities this summer. I have them in my house and in my car (especially handy when water and soap aren’t handy or convenient for those little hands!), they’re perfect for any mess on the go or at home! Plus you can snag this: Buy 2 Wet Ones® Hand Wipes, Earn $1.00. Users earn an extra $0.25 when they redeem 2 or more times at Walmart using your Ibotta app.
So here goes our most recent fun summer activities…
- Painting. Whether it’s finger painting or water color painting she loves it. Grab any piece of paper and let them have at it. They’ll love it. The bigger the mess, the messier the colors are together the more they love it! This provides a great time for us to talk about her colors (which she already knows!!) and let her creativity come to life on her own!
- Chalk Art. She loves side walk chalk. Now as a mom I have a love/hate relationship with it because it’s sooooo Like I said earlier what’s not messy with a messy one, so I just try to embrace it!
- Bubbles. An all time favorite and now she’s discovering that she wants to try blowing them! Sticky hands, on the joys!
- Snacks/Baking Cookies. What little one doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies…and what mom doesn’t either?!?! Even if it’s the easy kind…you know the ready-to-bake…save yourself some time and give yourself some grace! The learning to bake or me teaching her to bake will come soon enough!
- Popsicles on the front porch are her favorite. It’s the simple things in life! Oh if I could just have the eyes of a little one some days!
- Markers. I love to have these on hand as a treat. She loves to color and use crayons but markers take coloring to a whole new level, right?! That is washable markers of course!
- Creative Play Outside. Whether it’s picking up shells on the beach, making mud pies or playing in the pool, being outside is the best.
What can you add to my list? We are always looking for fun new things to explore and learn together.
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST