As a mama of a toddler there are days where we spend all day outside, then there are days where our time is spent indoors. This past week has been spent mostly indoors as my little one has had a virus of some sorts, so her fever has kept us laying low and inside. I knew it was time to break out a new toy to occupy her and make her happy. We love our wooden MIO toys and these two new pieces didn’t disappoint this go around either!
We have just recently taken a trip in an airplane so I knew she would love having her “own”. She immediately put her little people and animals in the plane and began twirling it in the air. I love watching her pretend play and use her imagination and I feel these wooden toys create that sense of play for her.
Her food truck is beyond adorable. She currently calls it a “bus” and puts everything she can in it then pushes it around.
What I love about these toys is that is create imagination and creative play. Not to mention these are timeless toys that will be left out in our home for years to come. This is one of the perks and what I love best!
Additional Toddler Indoor Play Activity Ideas:
- I like to keep something set back for a “rainy” day i.e. a new toy, as mentioned above
- We often pull out water colors or a coloring book
- Does your child have a favorite movie or tv show? Give them a new/fun snack and put their favorite show on.
- Get down on the floor with them and build blocks/towers
- Bake a yummy treat with them
- Play a little game of hide and seek with easter eggs or any object. You hide and they find it.
- Read a book (again I always have a few new books on hand, put away that I can bring out!)
What ideas can you help me add to my list? I’m always needing new inspiration!
This post was made possible with KidStuff PR. Thank you for gifting my little one with classic and timeless quality toys.
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses! Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
Leave a Reply