Our Telling Time for Preschoolers activity is a hands on STEAM activity for preschoolers that encourages recognition of numbers and telling time. Learn how to tell time on a clock with an activity, reading a book and telling time video as a unit study for preschoolers learning to tell time.
Telling Time for Preschoolers
Telling Time Video
Telling Time Activity for Preschoolers
- Paper Plate
- Clock Printable ( snagged it from Paging Super Mom HERE)
- Markers or Crayons to decorate
- 1/2″ Brads
- Construction Paper to cut out small hand/long hand
- Thomas Tells Time Book
Step-by-Step Preschool Activity to Learn to Tell Time
- Cut out clock face
- Let your preschooler color their clock face
- Glue clock face onto paper plate
- Adult/Teacher – attach long hand and short hand using the 1/2″ brad onto the paper plate. I used a pair of scissors to create a small hole.
- Read Thomas Tells Time as your Preschooler follows along and changes the time on their own clock.
We’ve been reading this book and doing this activity for almost two weeks now and my preschooler loves it. She’s understanding the concept of telling time and has even recognized the time on a clock! With this book you can add in doing times i.e 6:15 or 6:30 etc. We took the first two weeks and only did hourly times. Next week I’m going to incorporate the 6:15 time telling.
Interested in more STEAM Activities for Preschoolers
50+ Brilliant Math Activities for Preschoolers
Easy Lemon Volcano Science Experiment for Preschoolers
We are a husband and wife team, pairing our strengths together to teach our preschooler in the most fun and engaging way we possibly can. The mister is a high school educator at Northlake Christian school in Covington Louisiana and over the Innovation Center, which is all things STEAM. I am a SAHM that blogs pretty much everything we do in our little paradise, from what we eat, to where we travel to how we teach our little one. We hope you are inspired to incorporate STEAM into learning with your children.
Leave a Reply