Looking for a fun and easy Preschool Valentines Day Craft – these silly heart puppets are easy and entertaining for preschoolers and kindergartners – the perfect Valentines Day Ideas for preschool!
Preschool Valentines Day Craft
Preschool crafts that are easy and fun are right up my alley as a mama and teacher! I like crafts that I have all of the items needed on hand…those are the crafts I generally choose for us to do! This preschool Valentines Day craft has only a few essentials needed to make this silly heart puppet…and you are sure to have hours of entertainment after the Valentines Day craft!
Items needed for the Silly Heart Puppets
- Construction Paper
- Popsicle Stick
- Pom-pom Balls
- Wiggly Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun/ Glue (teacher/mama only!)
You can get as extravagant as you wish…you could include glitter pens, stickers etc. We kept things simple with what we had on hand!
How to make the Preschool Valentines Day Craft
- Preschool teacher or mama – cut out heart shapes for your preschooler. I let the girls do two a piece. To make it easy I folded the paper in half and cut out “one side” of the heart which essentially is cutting out the whole heart just making my shape even!
- Let the preschooler decorate their silly heart puppet – using glue to attach wiggly eyes and pom pom balls, markers to decorate and make silly faces
- Hot glue the popsicle stick to the back of the heart. (You could also tape this on if you didn’t have a hot glue gun)
- Cut a 2 thin strips, per puppet, from your left over construction paper from the hearts and accordion fold some silly arms!
These Silly Heart Puppets was adapted Creative Family Fun –> here! She used paint and glitter – which would be tons of fun too, I just wasn’t in the brave mama mode to pull all of that out…we chose to stick to washable markers!!!
Check these STEAM Activities for Preschoolers out!
We are a husband and wife team, pairing our strengths together to teach our preschooler in the most fun and engaging way we possibly can. The mister is a high school educator at Northlake Christian school in Covington Louisiana and over the Innovation Center, which is all things STEAM. I am a SAHM that blogs pretty much everything we do in our little paradise, from what we eat, to where we travel to how we teach our little one. We hope you are inspired to incorporate STEAM into learning with your children.