Snag this printable worksheet to teach an easy science lesson on apples. Preschool STEAM Activities encourage hands on learning for early learners and incorporate this science activity into a preschool apple lesson plan.
STEAM – Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math make up the activities that encompass STEAM Activities for preschoolers. I always try to incorporate at least two of these aspects and today’s preschool apple activity is science, art and engineering!
Preschool STEAM Activities
- Apple (I like one per child)
- Apple Science Printable Worksheet
- Red, Green and Brown Crayon
- How do Apples Grow? Book
Step by Step Easy Science Activity for Preschool:
- Preschool Teacher or Parent – cut your child’s apple in half
- Let your preschooler hold their apple as you identify the parts of the apple
- Label each part on your Apple Science Worksheet
- Let preschooler color their apple on their worksheet
- Read “How Do Apples Grow?” – I read this at the end of our science activity but you can put it in any order you feel is best for your preschooler.
- Review the parts of the apple and let the preschooler enjoy a healthy snack!
Easy Apple Science Activity
If you are looking for a Preschool STEAM engineering activity to go along with this Preschool STEAM Activity…cut your apples into chunks (after your Science activity is complete) give out toothpicks and let your preschoolers engineer and build an apple tower. You can pair them as partners, in groups or let each individually engineer an apple tower.
For step by step instructions on how to Engineer Apple Towers go here.
We are a husband and wife team, pairing our strengths together to teach our preschooler in the most fun and engaging way we possibly can. The mister is a high school educator at Northlake Christian school in Covington Louisiana and over the Innovation Center, which is all things STEAM. I am a SAHM that blogs pretty much everything we do in our little paradise, from what we eat, to where we travel to how we teach our little one. We hope you are inspired to incorporate STEAM into learning with your children.