This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OrganizeWithBrilliance #CollectiveBias
A question I face daily is “what are we going to eat today?”!
Are you with me? It doesn’t matter what time of day it is or where we are at…home or away, when it’s time to eat we always ask ourselves, what are we going to eat?
I’m SUCH a planner that sometimes it turns into a weakness, not joking! Yet I have found when I plan I am so much more successful in the area of this question “What are we going to eat today?”.
Here are a few tips I’ve found helpful along the way as I organize our meal plan and hopefully you’ll find these tips helpful…do you have extra tips you could send my way? Please comment and tell me because I’m always looking for ideas and ways to shave time in the kitchen!
1. Plan. I say it all of the time, like literally all of the time but the key is to plan.
- Plan your meals from top to bottom. Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks and Supper (as we call it in the south!). Look at your calendar and if you have a party or event coming up, plan for it!
- Plan BEFORE You head to the grocery store.
- Plan your grocery store list and STICK TO IT!
- When I plan my meals I do plan for leftovers as we both don’t mind those! So what I cook at the beginning of the week we’ll plan on having towards the end of the week or my husband will take them for his lunch during the week. The Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ is perfect because he can pop them in the microwave because of the Splatter-resistant – innovative vents allow microwaving with the lid on and latches open to help reduce splatters! WIN!, right?
2. Prep. I have found when I prep for the week ahead it’s so so so much easier.
- Wash all of your salad veggies at once.
- Wash all of your fruits and get those prepared for easy snacks
- I prep my husbands breakfast for the week on Sunday as well. I have to say I have it so easy with him…he’ll eat anything and so I usually will send the same breakfast with him for a whole week. Then I will change it up the next week. He doesn’t mind and we both work together well on this part.
3. Storage made Easy with Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™.
- If you don’t have the right storage containers you’ll be frustrated, believe me, I know! Food storage containers are designed to make life easier not to mention when I can find a 100% Leak Proof. Guaranteed. This is a key when I’m prepping my food for the week because there is no guarantee that with the way life is around here things won’t get tipped over, hence no leaking is mandatory!!! I have found that I love the Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ (10 pc BRILLIANCE™ set) for my everyday because it doesn’t leak, it doesn’t stain (you know like a spaghetti sauce will do sometimes?!?!), it’s odor resistant, it latches beautifully AND the BEST part for me they are crystal clear…meaning once in the fridge there is no guessing game as to where my fruit or veggies are!!! WIN!
- With these latching so nicely (I literally was awed when they latched) it’s great to grab and throw in my little ones diaper bag for her afternoon snacks…oh lastly since I’m OCD organized have I mentioned I love how they stack so nicely in the fridge…no seriously…they do!!!
- Oh did I mention you can find the Rubbermaid® BRILLIANCE™ nationwide at Walmart, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Amazon and other fine retailers! So there is no excuse now ladies…go get you some, get organized and save time in the kitchen for yourself! Woohoo!
All of these above tips help me to keep it simple and minimize my time cooking and preparing. If I have prepped all of my salad fixings the rest of the week is so much easier, same with breakfasts or our snacks.
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST