This post is written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own. This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #StockUpMakeSmiles #CollectiveBias
I can not believe…let me repeat, can not believe that our summer is almost over. Meaning the hubby heads back to his teaching job and we are back into our school year routine. How is it possible that the summer weeks fly by so fast? I feel like we got a ton done but not near as much as we have planned or set our sights on.
I will say though, I love my routine and schedule so jumping back into that has me excited. As weird as that may seem, it’s true. At the same time I’m not ready for the hectic craziness that also comes along with that. So today I’m sharing a few quick tips plus a new favorite sandwich of ours that hopefully you’ll try out!
How do I survive the crazy hectic schedule?
- Prep the night before. As soon as we are finished with supper, as we call it in the deep south, I start prepping for the next day’s breakfast and lunch. My kitchen is already a mess so I do my prep and then clean up the kitchen for the night. I feel this is such a great method for us. I don’t have to wake up earlier than anyone else to make our mornings run smoother and I know everyone is taken care for the next day! A solid routine is key.
- Plan. I repeat. Plan. As much as you like to, or not like to, this is the key. I say this all of the time, in my writings or life…but I mean it with every ounce of me. Take a pencil and a paper and plan your meals for the week. Plan your breakfast, lunch, suppers and snacks. This helps with your grocery shopping (and you spend less!) as well as your mental state of not having to worry or think about what everyone will eat for the week!
- Create a workflow. If you can, create your menu where it all coordinates together. Plan where everyone eats the same thing for each meal, if at all possible, as well as how can you prep it all at one time? Whether it’s prepping a day at one time or a week’s worth. Many times I will do a week’s worth all at one time. This saves me SO much time in the end!
What are your tips to create a less hectic and crazy life?
One of our family favorites is the Pineapple Ham Sandwich. Thanks to the yummy Hillshire Farm® Honey Ham, you can make this super fast which makes life a little easier, right? Oh, this can be found in your local Walmart right in the fridge aisle where you see all of the sandwich meat! Also, my Walmart had it in an end cap in the meat department section. Two super easy spots to find it!
Are you on with Shopkick? Well you should be if you want to help save some moo-lah this school season! So if you are, rack up those kicks with this offer, and if you aren’t, now is a great time to start! You can:
- Earn up to 600 kicks when you buy three (3) participating Tyson® products.*
- *Chicken nuggets, chicken strips, Any’tizers® snacks, Grilled and Ready® items, Hillshire Farm® Lunchmeats, and Jimmy Dean® frozen breakfast items.
What you need:
Mix together 1/3 c. Pineapple Sauce with 1/3 c. of mayo
Pineapple Sauce recipe:
1 small can crushed pineapple- drained
2/3 c. cream of coconut
1/3 c. sour cream
Spread the pineapple sauce + mayo concoction on each piece of bread, layer as much Hillshire Farm® Honey Ham as you wish on your sandwich, place it together, enjoy! You can’t eat just one bite, I promise!
A different version you could always make it like a ham salad by chopping your Hillshire Farm® Honey Ham mixing it with the Pineapple sauce…but that’s more prep than I need most days, although it’s a yummy version.
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST