EASY and Delicious Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Recipe – can be used in multiple recipes and dinners as well as a perfect Instant Pot freezer meal. Another plus my whole family loves it…and I’ve not fed it to any guests that didn’t rave about it either!
When it comes to easy it’s my jam because this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken can be used for various meals and recipes. Which means I can cook one thing and easily get 3-4 different meals out of the Instant Pot BBQ Chicken. Just like all of you busy moms that’s what we call a WIN! Plus it freezes SO well.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Recipe
How to Make Instant Pot BBQ Chicken.
Step 1 – Place 3-4 chicken breasts in your Instant Pot
Step 2 – Smother your chicken breast in BBQ sauce.
Step 3 – Set your Instant Pot on pressure cooker and I select meat and pressure for 45 minutes. I like a good tender chicken so I can easily shred it when it’s finished cooking.
Your Instant Pot BBQ Chicken is ready to serve! Here are a few meal ideas and recipes we love using BBQ chicken with:
- BBQ Chicken sandwiches – serve with chips or any side you wish, chips are just SO easy
- BBQ Chicken Baked Potato – we love having this BBQ chicken over a baked potato, a good filling comfort food on a cool winter day!
- BBQ Chicken and Apple Quesadilla – make a quesadilla with bbq chicken, chopped apple, chopped red onion and a little cheese
Ready to make this Instant Pot BBQ Chicken? Here’s the recipe card with the exact measurements.
Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 bottle (or 20oz) of BBQ Sauce (just make sure your chicken breasts are smothered in sauce)
- Place chicken breasts in Instant Pot
- Cover with BBQ sauce
- Pressure for 45 minutes on the meat setting
- When cooking is complete shred chicken with a fork and knife and if you have time let the shredded chicken stay in the Instant Pot to marinade in that BBQ sauce on warm. If you don’t have time it’s still just as good!
TIP: I usually double this because this chicken freezes SO well for meals during the rest of the month.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom. A blog helping moms capture their kiddos in life, chatting all things home, and parenting, travels and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure… we love to travel and love being involved in ministry opportunities at our church.