Thank you to Plum Paper for sponsoring this post! All opinions are my own but I hope to help you choose the perfect planner for you!
If you’ve been around me any length of time whether here on the blog, on social media or in person you know I’m a HUGE planner as well as pen to paper kind of gal. I tried the digital calendar…I’ve tried the digital to do lists…it just doesn’t work for me and I’m ok with that! I tried to conform to the technology age and I tried to be cool…but it’s not happening!
I love my Plum Paper planner and I love my pen and paper! A few years ago I had the large 8 1/2 x 11 planner and at that time it was just “too big”…so the next year I switched back to the smaller 7×9 planner…and well that was “just too small”! So I’ve happily landed on the fact that to my life needs the big 8 1/2 x11 planner and I’m super happy.
How to Choose the Perfect Planner
A few things I look for in a planner is lots of room to write. With Plum Paper I was able to add in extra pages for notes/to – do lists and you have options for other extras that fit your needs as well. Another thing I look for is to have a glance at my month but then a weekly/ day by day for the month as well.
Each Sunday night you’ll see me sitting in our kitchen writing out and planning the week. I write in all of my work tasks, our personal activities, school for my little and any other additional notes I may have that are pertinent to the week. This is when I fill in my daily/weekly pages…of course as the week progresses I’m constantly writing all over the daily columns too.
Within Plum Paper you get to choose from so many amazing covers, I love that their covers are water proof – hallelujah for kitchen counter planners! You can personalize so many aspects of your calendar which is not only a lot of fun but helps keep it practical for your own personal needs!
Did I mention they also offer notebooks, stationary, amazing notepads, bundles, gifts etc…so much fun to look through their site and dream!
So you maybe asking –> How do I Choose the Perfect Planner for me. Well here are a few tips I’ve learned along the way that I hope will help you out in deciding.
- Size – choose what size you think is best. For me I live with my planner but I also carry a good size purse/bag so my large planner fits in that if I need it to.
- Functions – there are so many options for being practical and functional. Look through what they offer and decide what you feel would work best for your life…don’t think about what looks cool or neat or pretty…just what functions for your personal life.
- Fun – of course choose a cover that fits your personality…there are so many fun prints to choose from. I chose 3 and then narrowed it down from there…you have this with you for a whole year so you better love it!
- Practical – there are a lot of planners with the bells and whistles…the extras aren’t always perfect…choose those bells and whistles based off of your current life. If you don’t cook or meal plan now…a calendar won’t make you do that….so just because it sounds ideal doesn’t mean you’ll use it.
- Accessories – you can still use sticky notes, you can still use paper clips and binder clips…I do – I use them all of the time for tabs and helping me stay organized, have fun accessorizing your planner too!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from a small town in South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom. A blog helping moms capture their kiddos in life, chatting all things home, and parenting, travels and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little three year old preschooler, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure… we love to travel and love being involved in ministry opportunities at our church.