Sharing Easy STEM activities for preschoolers –> Easter Engineering Activity for Preschoolers –> This simple engineering project idea takes minimal prep and clean up.
Table of Contents
Easter Engineering Activity for Preschoolers
I’m all about using the holidays and using what we have on hand to learn with. At first engineering for preschoolers was a struggle for me as a teacher/parent. My husband laughed and said – “Erin it’s simple…you are making it complex and it’s not! Use your everyday to teach engineering!” So that’s just what we’ve done…I take our everyday happenings and present a challenge with what we have.
So we’ve got plastic easter eggs and play-doh…so lets build and engineer Easter Egg Towers! I’m all about creative and imaginative play…but directing to a challenge is quite fun as well. So I challenged our preschooler to see how tall she could engineer her easter egg tower.
Challenges present critical thinking skills…if her tower fell down I’d ask her questions on why, how she could fix her tower…I presented questions to her so she had to think it through – these preschoolers will shock you with their logic and thinking!
Let’s stretch those little minds and encourage a process to solve problems!
What you need for the Easter Engineering Activity for Preschoolers:
- Plastic Easter Eggs – as many as you have or want!
How to Engineer Easter Egg Towers:
- I presented the materials to our preschooler and let her explore on her own. Using her creativity and imagination on her own to build is super healthy for our preschoolers. Once I felt like she was “done”, I moved onto…
- An engineering challenge: I challenged her to build and engineer an easter egg tower with the materials she had.
- She started with using the play-doh and the easter eggs…she like that and then before I knew it the challenge was on…
- She dropped the play-doh and just stacked her easter eggs and got a pretty tall tower, for which she was pretty proud of!
See engineering isn’t scary or complex!
Why is STEM Important in Early Education?
STEM/STEAM activities and learning are very important because these five disciplines are used in everyday activities. They promote problem solving, and creative and analytical thinking. Many of the jobs that effect our economy include STEAM subjects. – Educational Play Care
What are STEM activities for Preschoolers?
Visit us HERE for more STEAM Activities for Preschoolers.
We are a husband and wife team, pairing our strengths together to teach our preschooler in the most fun and engaging way we possibly can. The mister is a high school educator at Northlake Christian school in Covington Louisiana and over the Innovation Center, which is all things STEAM. I am a SAHM that blogs pretty much everything we do in our little paradise, from what we eat, to where we travel to how we teach our little one. We hope you are inspired to incorporate STEAM into learning with your children.