Christmas Fingerprint Tree craft is a great STEAM activity for preschoolers to engage in learning through Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math.
Christmas Fingerprint Tree
Looking for an easy Christmas craft to do with your preschooler? With minimal prep and minimal supplies needed this is a fun and easy Christmas activity. My preschooler has been begging me daily to paint…so I figured why not use our fingerprints to create a fun holiday and festive picture! These could be used as a Christmas card that kids could make or a nice framed print to be gifted. There are so many great ideas that you could use this Christmas activity for.
Supplies needed for a Christmas Fingerprint Tree
- Card stock or Construction Paper
- Acrylic Paints
- Paper Plate
- Black Marker
How to make a Christmas Fingerprint Tree
- Using the pencil outline a simple Christmas tree onto the card stock or construction paper, whichever you choose to use.
- Place a small amount of green acrylic paint onto a paper plate or paint dish and let your preschooler dip their finger in to paint.
- Let the green tree dry.
- Once the tree is dry, use the black marker to create the string of lights.
- Next let the child choose what color paints they want to use to create lights on the black “string”.
- Using their finger create fingerprints for the Christmas tree lights.
Let it dry.
It really is that simple!
For more Preschool STEAM activities visit us!
We are a husband and wife team, pairing our strengths together to teach our preschooler in the most fun and engaging way we possibly can. The mister is a high school educator at Northlake Christian school in Covington Louisiana and over the Innovation Center, which is all things STEAM. I am a SAHM that blogs pretty much everything we do in our little paradise, from what we eat, to where we travel to how we teach our little one. We hope you are inspired to incorporate STEAM into learning with your children.