This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #DotComDIY #CollectiveBias
It is no joke that our family loves to go. All three of us always love to go somewhere whether it’s in town, a nearby spot or a vacation away…we love to go and explore!
Traveling doesn’t have to be expensive or fancy to experience the culture and adventure found in every state, city or country unique to it’s own. Whenever we travel somewhere to explore we love to find out what makes that particular place unique and then we enjoy adventuring and exploring the uniqueness.
In every city we have found there are always free adventures awaiting you and your family, so we’re sharing those today…although you’ll have to research the area before you arrive so you can plan accordingly!
As you prep for your road trip there is always a list a mile long of things “to-do”. Pennzoil products are on walmart.com and they have made it convenient for you with significant improvements in their online shopping experience lately, and pickup options now include (1) delivery, (2) in-store pickup and (3) curbside pickup. This sure helps us tackle our to do list a lot quicker before our travels!
- Nature Trail- find a nature trail and go on a hike. Many places have small nature trails and bring along a paper bag for your littles to pick up and find new and exciting nature. i.e. leaves, acorns, pine needles, rocks etc. This gives you plenty to talk about along the hike and it keeps the kiddos busy and on the move!
- Playground- Be sure to find the playground close to you- this helps get the energy out for everyone! Especially if you’ve been in the car for any length of time, this is a great activity to end the day after traveling OR begin the day if you are going to be in the car headed to your next destination.
- Water- there is always a body of water somewhere, right? Even if it’s the fountain in the middle of the city and you can throw a penny in and make a wish, or a pond at the park where you can feed the ducks!
- Festivals- Many town/cities hold festivals that are free. You can enjoy beautiful weather, get a feel of the people in that area and usually get to talk to some locals and find out even more little gems in their area to visit. You could:
- Receive $10 Ticketmaster Ticket Cash with Purchase- Just purchase any 2 qualifying Pennzoil Motor oil (in-store or online) & upload your receipt
- All entrants will also be entered into a sweepstakes to win tickets to a Guns N’ Roses concert as part of their “Not In This Lifetime” tour!
- Downtown – explore and walk around the downtown or old town area of your destination. Again you can usually get some really great shots of your family with great architecture and colors!
- Farmers Market- find out when the local farmers market is happening and enjoy walking around and experiencing the locals sell what is native to their area, sometimes you can find the most unusual and unexpected yet neat things.
- Museums- Sometimes you can hit a museum that is free or free for certain ages or even free on certain days, this can be a slow paced activity if you need something indoors and enjoyable.
- Sunrise or Sunset – Find a beautiful look out point and watch the sunrise or sunset. Truth is we always opt for the sunset!!! Yet a sunrise can be even more breathtaking sometimes!
- Splash pad- if it’s hot out, find a splash pad, the whole family will love this time, plus it helps get the energy out for your young ones!
What are fun family activities you find you all enjoy that are FREE?
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses! Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST