This post was sponsored by Amazon Handmade as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It’s no secret that small businesses are the heart beat of our country.
It’s no secret that small businesses struggle from time to time.
It’s no secret that during the holiday season everyone has someone on their list to buy a gift for. I strongly encourage you to shop small and if you can handmade. You really have no idea the effects this has on one…such a small purchase can really make a huge wave affect.
There are so many resources available to us now days to find the small business owner + a hand made small business owner! Sources like Amazon Handmade is a one stop shop when it comes to finding hand crafted, unique gifts all the while supporting the small business. As I was shopping on Amazon Handmade there was a vast and diverse selection + customizable items or made to order. I love this because my gifts are now even more meaningful and personal!
As a small business owner myself I can tell you from personal experience over the past 20 years the effects and ways it impacts one:
- Happy Dance – Anytime someone purchases we really do a happy dance. Whether it’s silently inside or literally…it makes our hearts soar when someone purchases.
- Confidence – You build confidence in one to accomplish something they have set out to do. You build confidence when you support a small business because the fact you love what they offer empowers them to keep on keeping on.
- Dream – You support ones dream.
- Support –You aren’t supporting a CEO and their third vacation home, rather you are supporting a little girl and her music lessons or dance lessons…a little guys team jersey, a mom put food on her families table or a dad to pay a bill.
- Economy – You are supporting our countries economy more than you think.
- Artist – An artist has put time, effort, thought and their heart into their small business, especially if it’s a handmade small business.
My amazing find were this set of 3 -14K Gold Filled Hand-Hammered Skinny bangle bracelets. I adored this little shop, her work, her reviews and most of all supporting a small business owner. Oh did I mention the convenience of Prime two-day shipping! Bam!
I could just imagine her face when she received the order! Seriously…every single order it brightens a small business person up! That makes me supper happy!
What are other ways you can help me add to this list?
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little two year old, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that we run two successful businesses together!
Leave a Reply