Engage your little ones in these fun and hands-on 6 Preschool Easter Egg Math Games – DIY Number recognition game, number matching game and spinner math game.
6 Preschool Easter Egg Math Games
This is a great STEAM Activity for Preschoolers all centered around Math – including number recognition, number matching, number stacking, numbers in order and more!
This is very simple to prep and easy to put together for any preschool teacher or parent.
What you need for the 6 Preschool Easter Egg Math Games:
- Plastic Easter Eggs
- Dot/Circle Stickers
- Spinner (optional)
I placed a dot sticker on the top and bottom of each egg, then I wrote the same number on top/bottom of the egg.
There are numerous preschool math games and activities you can play with just these few materials I mentioned. I also love that it’s a great game to pull out during the Easter season to change up the pace to our normal STEAM activities or preschool math activities.
6 Games you can play with the Preschool Easter Egg Math Games:
- Matching Numbers: Have your preschooler take all of the eggs apart and mix them up. (A great motor skill activity!) Then have them match the numbers on the eggs and put them back together.
- Sort all of your eggs by colors.
- Stack the eggs (bottom or tops) in numerical order. (Use playdough if you wish to make it extra fun to have them stack and stay a bit easier!)
- Set the eggs in numerical order horizontally on the table.
- Spinner Math Activity: Using your spinner, have your preschooler spin and whatever number it lands on they have to find that number on an egg. (For more ideas to use with your spinner here are some more spinner math activities for preschoolers)
- Number recognition: Call out a number and your preschooler has to find that egg and place it in a basket.
I hope you all find these Preschool Math Activities fun and engaging for your little learners. I love this Easter Counting game and I know my little would love the stickers…so we are planning to try this Easter Math game as well.
Are there any other math games you can incorporate into this Easter Egg Math set up? Please comment below and let us know so we can try the game out!
More STEAM Activities for Preschoolers
We are a husband and wife team, pairing our strengths together to teach our preschooler in the most fun and engaging way we possibly can. The mister is a high school educator at Northlake Christian school in Covington Louisiana and over the Innovation Center, which is all things STEAM. I am a SAHM that blogs pretty much everything we do in our little paradise, from what we eat, to where we travel to how we teach our little one. We hope you are inspired to incorporate STEAM into learning with your children.