This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, INC. and The Coca-Cola Company, all opinions are mine alone. #SnackHonestly #CollectiveBias
A few months ago a friend and I were chatting about all of the things…from our babies, to house cleaning, from being organized and scheduled, to yummy new recipes to traveling and the list goes on…in our conversation we both mentioned finding certain little things that help our day/household run smoother and we love it when we implement it. Yet we find ourselves reverting back to our old habits and it aggravates us…we agreed to keep each other accountable and one of the things for her was #6 and mine was #1- go figure!
So here I’m sharing 6 rituals I try to implement and stick to to help start my mornings off on a good start!
- Start Your Day Early- this may go without saying, but if you’re like me, any time I can start my day early I seem to get so much accomplished. I get on a roll and I’m unstoppable…it feels like within a couple of hours I have knocked out most of my to-do list and I have the rest of the day “free”- and we know that “free” is relative! The days I decide to hit the snooze button, well let’s just say I start the day feeling behind and loosing so much time.
- Plan Your Day- If you’ve been around me or around my blog for any length of time you know one thing and that is I’m a planner. I know different things work for everyone…but I am a firm believer in planning out your day to a “t” – as much as possible. On the flip side this is why the quality of being flexible isn’t exactly a strong point of mine! I plan my day the night before so I know what’s going on, what needs to be done and not to mention make a list!
- Prep Your Day- I always prep our breakfast, lunch and snacks the night before (and get our coffee ready so all we have to do is press the button!!). This helps my day tremendously…one I have no decisions on what to eat/make and two I can grab and go because most days are just like that- a grab and go kind of day! If I’m going to work on #5 I try to prep our foods to be “better for you!” A favorite snack pair is the Honest Tea® which is unsweetened and the Lorissa’s Kitchen Korean Barbecue Beef (Amazing flavor without compromise!) With this pair you can feel better about snacking and maintaining a better lifestyle! I want to try the other globally inspired Lorissa’s Kitchen flavors- which can all be found at your local Walmart…be sure to grab this Ibotta offer!Earn $1.00 cash back with purchase of following combo, exclusive at Walmart. (Lorissa’s Kitchen™ Premium Protein Snacks – Any variety – 2.25 oz. bag and Honest Tea® – Any variety – Single bottle only — Both products must be purchased on the same receipt to receive credit for this rebate.)
- Have Your Quiet Time- I really love grabbing my cup of coffee, opening the blinds and letting the morning light come through as I sit down and have my devotion/quiet time. The hubby is already gone to work and it’s just me while the little one snoozes a bit longer…the house is calm and quiet, the morning is just peeking through our house and the buzz of the day has not started. I can take in the quiet and reflect on what I’m reading and be refreshed to start the day.
- Get Up and Move- Another words get in gear and exercise! I will admit if it’s tooooo hot outside I get lazy and don’t want to get out…but when the heat breaks even a little the first thing I get back into the swing of is my morning walks. Not only do I feel energized from the walk but the little one loves being outside and going for a ride, it’s a WIN for us both!
- Get Dressed for the Day- Growing up my dad taught us to always get up and get dressed for the day. Since I was homeschooled there was a stigma that we were allowed to do our school work on our pajamas- nope, not at our house. We were to get up and get dressed and it’s something that has stuck with me through the years.
What have you found that helps your day go smoother?
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses! Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST