This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WellYesMoment #CollectiveBias
With a thankful heart I said YES to one of the most important questions in my life 4 years ago—when my husband asked me to marry him….without hesitation I said YES!
Before I go any further…today’s post is sponsored by Well Yes!® soups that are crafted with care. (Snag a little savings here and follow along for more inspiration.) With unique flavors and real nutritious ingredients to create delicious soups, without compromising on flavor. Plus, non-gmo ingredients, they do not contain artificial flavors or colors, and the chicken meat has no antibiotics!
Through each day, as a mom, I say YES to so many things for my little one…from her needs, to her wants and wishes. Every little beckoning call my ears are open and my instinct is to drop everything I’m doing and do it. I’m a SAHM to a 2 year old toddler and boy does she keep me hopping! The days my husband is home he’ll look at me and I can tell he’s thinking – is this all day everyday? YES IT IS!! She keeps me busy…but I wouldn’t have it any other way.
The life of a mom is of utmost self-less. Some days it’s tiring…some days it just feels like the new norm and an extra cup of coffee helps my day go a little smoother! Right?
Since becoming a mom I have so much more respect for my mom as well as all moms. From being a super-hero in our little ones eyes to the moments of feeling like you are a failure and just made the biggest mistake in parenting… it’s a constant inward battle some days.
My family needs me…from my husband to my little one…
I am to make our home, aka our little paradise, that of a refuge from the storm in the culture around us and a safe environment full of love and arms wide open for my family.
It’s a full time job as a wife and mom.
It’s also one of the hardest yet most rewarding jobs and when I do it with a heart of service for others, my heart could explode.
After those exhausting days as a mom…where I put my little one first in my entire world I often go back to where it all began and the very first YES I said…when my husband asked me to marry him! It is a beautiful picture of our lives together, our journey as a team and where we have come from. He needs me just as much as the little one…and I want him to need me. I’m called to be his help-mate and when I’m doing that calling to my utmost ability with a happy heart our little world is so much more peaceful and content.
So with a thankful heart – even on those exhausting days, where I don’t think I can go any further.
I say YES to my little one but I save a YES for my husband too as he walks in the door from a long day at work and wants to just relish in our little paradise.
So what are my….
5 Ways to Cultivate Relationships and Friendships:
- Say Yes. It seems silly and it seems simple but it really goes a long way and when a no isn’t mandatory cultivate your relationships and make time for those you love.
- Eat Together. I have never had a friend that doesn’t enjoy eating. Maybe it’s because I love it and birds of a feather flock together…but some of my best memories with my friends are over delicious food in quiet cafe’s on an adventure!
- Give Your Time. Give them time. Not social media time…not phone time but be present in your time together. Invest in your little ones, loved ones and friendships with the best gift you have which is time. As the old saying goes – “good things take time”.
- Gifts. Give meaningful gifts when it’s heartfelt. It doesn’t always have to be a certain day of the year to celebrate relationships and friendships…when your heart is in it, give.
- Thoughtfulness. A simple text or handwritten note dropped in the mail might just land in their lap on the exact day they needed it. Inviting them over for a cup of coffee even if it’s only for a half hour might just be what gets them through a hard time. Consider your relationship and friends and what can you do that is thoughtful towards that person. Be that person!
When was a moment of YES for you, mama? I’d love to hear your personal story – comment below, I’d love to read about your time of YES.
Don’t forget to enter the #WellYesMoment Sweepstakes in the widget below for a chance to win up to a $500 Visa gift card! It’s as easy as clicking, logging in, and sharing your Moment of Yes story! If you win, think of all the ways you can use the prizing to achieve your Moment of Yes!
#WellYesMoment #Sweepstakes (10/14 to 11/17)
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses! Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST