This post was sponsored by ACCO Brands as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It’s really hard to comprehend how fast time flies. It seems like it was just yesterday we were just celebrating the last day of school and looking forward to our summer fun to-do list.
Fast forward and here we are celebrating Back to School days! We celebrate with back to school pictures to new schedules to less family time to prepping breakfast and lunches on the go and buying new school supplies. It’s all fun times.
Our back to school schedule and life is a little different than most. For us this means the mister (aka husband/daddy) is back to his work schedule of long days teaching and away from us. We sure do get spoiled during his summer break when he is with us so much! It’s a bittersweet time because I do love my schedule and routine but I sure do love having him around more!
This past week we got to visit his new room/building where he is excited to be teaching drafting, metal arts, machine design, architecture and engineering this year.
Oh the places these students will go with these life skills.
He has accumulated an entire building- “Innovation Center” – which consists of his instructional classroom, where he built desks/tables on the outside walls for their computer/desk work. He has a hands on learning room where they are learning practical skills and life skills building with hand tools. Then he has a metal arts room where so much will take place in creative hands on learning and doing. This younger generation is lacking in hands on learning and hands on space, it’s vital to their learning and their growth developmentally.
One of the biggest preps everyone has is Back to School Shopping! Whether it’s for clothes or supplies, I’m handing off our favorite ways to save money on school supplies!
- Shop Quality : This may sound silly but it’s really true. We have found if we step it up a notch in our quality, our supplies last all year long. Let me define my idea of supplies here – binders, back-packs, pocket inserts/tabs. Since my husband is a high school teacher he tends to use a lot of pockets/tabs and binders. We are loving the Five Star products as they are easily accessible and the innovating features helps his everyday routine with his class schedule changing daily. For him having durable items from a brand we trust is really important so that we aren’t worried about having to replace broken items throughout the year.
- Shop Sales : Watch your local ads or online ads and shop those sales. Some stores will match prices but even if they don’t many times it’s worth making a list and going to each store to purchase what you need so you can save the money in the end. The Back to School shopping season is the best time to snag these sales!
- Stick to your List : I know this sounds silly but it’s SO true. Make a list. Grab the list from your school of what you’ll need and STICK.TO.IT. The end, it saves you money. When you go into a store unprepared/without a list you ALWAYS spend more money. Stick to your list. THE END.
- Stock Up : I know this almost sounds contrary to some of the above ideas but if there is a sale happening on a supply that you know you’ll need/use all year round – stock up while it’s on sale. Later in the year these products will most likely not be a steal of a deal.
- Donate : You can never out give. I have heard this principle for my entire life. The older I get the more I truly learn this and enjoy this principle of life. No you may not save money directly at this moment or season but I can guarantee that there will be provision elsewhere in your life that will provide you the opportunity to save money.
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST