You think you can live without somethings but you really can’t. Don’t try to be super mom, because hormones just won’t let you, and well your body really needs to rest…depend on others for a change…although Elle has decided to save this for her sibling…no this is not an announcement…we still want to share with you our tips!
- Your mom. In all seriousness I could not have made it through these first few weeks without my mom (and sister). The support, encouragement and help were beyond what I needed. They are there for you and want to be there for you. I do have to say I am blessed beyond measure to have a good relationship with my mom and not to mention still have my mom with me here. Now that I am a mom I really get sad when I’m talking to other new moms that don’t have the support from their moms. I know they have learned to lean on others or maybe they are just a much stronger person than I am. This is definitely one thing I couldn’t live without as a new mom, but thankfully I didn’t have to live without!
- Your husband. Yeh you thought you could be tough and super mom, well guess what hormones won’t let you!!! Lean on your husband and allow him to support you because he wants to, he just may not know exactly how or in what way yet. Oh my the support this man gives me and gave me. He is my rock. Through it all he has been my calm and with me. He would stay up with me some nights, he’d take the crying baby when I didn’t think I could deal any longer…then 60 seconds later after I had walked away and I was good… I’d take Miss Elle back. He is just always there, and I couldn’t have done it without him…and I wouldn’t want to do it without him. Life is so much better with him! Ok enough mush (wink).
- Your girlfriends. I know…I know…all these points are people and well it’s truth. Your girlfriends who are mama’s will get down to the nitty gritty with you. They’ll sympathize with you, they’ll understand you and they’ll want to be there for you. Not to mention they’ll laugh with you about that big old pad and panties you wore right after birthing your child. They get it…like seriously they get it! So text them when you need them, call them when you “don’t get it” and let them be there for you, because they want to be there for you anyway, so let them.
- Your food. Ah, I never had any real cravings while pregnant…well, besides anything greasy and fried was just the best and most amazing food to me! Yet postpartum…I didn’t have cravings but I could eat like a horse, although I don’t really know how much a horse really eats…yet I felt like it. With nursing I could out eat my husband and wasn’t ashamed of it!! So enjoy your food, your coffee and your cravings…because then you’ll come to your senses and realize that it’s time to get working and get it all off…although with nursing it comes off so fast and for me 3 months later I was back to my pre-pregnancy weight…but…lets be honest, it’s all shifted and not the same. Don’t be fake on me…
- Your mamaroo baby swing Lastly this amazing invention was a lifesaver at times. Any mama will tell you a swing is a must! Well this one just kicks it up a notch as a baby swing. With there being 5 motions that mimick to that of a mothers natural rock/swing and the technology it allows me to place my iPhone or iPod in it and choose my own music. Not only did I love my infant/baby swing so did Miss Elle. We’ll be saving this for baby #2, whenever that time is right.
Hop over and learn more of the benefits for you and your baby!
Watch our little video of Daddy and Elle putting together our Mama Roo!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our new little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!