This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeHerMothersDay #CollectiveBias
Mother’s Day is around the corner, like literally less than two weeks away. I’m kind of pleased with myself for once…I’m on top of my gift giving this year and prepared. Honestly I’m one of those that is a last minute, pull it together…cram in the last minute…expedite shipping, type person! Not this year…I’m on top of my game!
I really strive to keep our gifts, no matter the occasion, personalized and detailed for the recipient. Sometimes a gift card is the best option but not always! Here is my step-by-step thought process I want to share with you when I begin to think about a gift for a special someone.
- Who is the gift for? Think about this person, what the occasion is and what fits the occasion.
- What do they love? When you are around your loved one listen to them talk and find out what they love!
- How can I personalize it to tailor them? Is there something that you can personalize for them? or something that they normally wouldn’t buy themselves? Is there a hobby they enjoy and you can buy something unique for them?
- Pick a theme when it comes to wrapping the gift. Stick with the theme when it comes to wrapping their gift. Get creative and use this time to get creative and make it exciting for them to open! Checkout the American Greetings gift wrapping at Walmart – I snagged the cutest most vibrant theme for Mother’s Day wrapping this year!
- Choose a card or make a card that is personal and fits them. I am naturally a card lover. I read all of the cards in the aisle until I find the perfect one! Not to mention I also love receiving cards! I found the PS Hello Cards at Walmart as I was looking for Mother’s Day Cards! They have perfect cards for any occasion! Snag two and earn $2 through ibotta!
It’s really that simple. It just takes some thought, some listening! I know for Mother’s Day there isn’t a more perfect gift than pictures…At least for my mom and my mother in law, I know they love nothing better!
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses! Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST