Ok so I want to start out this post with…my husband thinks I’m crazy! A good crazy…but crazy! We’re saying goodbye to sugar and taking the #GoodbyeSugar30 Challenge before we indulge in the holiday festivities and overload our bodies with all of those yummy sweets!!!
What is the Goodbye Sugar 30 Day Challenge? It’s a challenge with SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener to keep an eye on your diet and watch where sugar is added and access where you can swap the added sugar and calories with the new SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener. The goal is to give you the tools to make small changes in your family’s lifestyle without sacrificing taste!
Would you be crazy with me and join me? I signed up HERE to receive tools and resources to keep me motivated and going for the next 30 days! Plus they have a group you can connect with who are taking the challenge on Facebook – follow SPLENDA® Brand and Twitter you can join the #GoodbyeSugar30 Challenge community and of course search that hashtag as well.
Sugar is everywhere and in everything. I have been reading a lot more labels since our little one has been eating at the table with us. Her little immune system and body don’t need all of the sugars so I’ve been careful and picky for what she has been eating. This has made me more aware of our foods as well. I have done pretty well on not keeping junk and sweets stocked in our pantry. Before this challenge I went through it and tried to access what is in it and what we can have and shouldn’t have. Some of it went to the garbage!!! This is a very eye opening process, have you ever done this?
This is my first time trying SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener (for more information visit SplendaNaturals.com) so I am excited to incorporate it into some new recipes…so if you need some sweetener in this 30 day challenge the SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener is what you need!!! You can find SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener at retails across the nation in 40 or 80 count boxes! If you have ever had any other alternative stevia sweeteners they may have an aftertaste, but with SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener you get a sweet taste with no added flavors or bitter aftertaste.
A few goals along the way:
- Have more energy with less sugars in my diet
- Drop 3-5 pounds but more would be nice too!
- Adapt our taste buds to less sugars and more for healthier foods
Meal Plan Ideas- I am not one that can eat weird stuff in the name of a diet! So what I love about this plan is it’s all things my whole family will eat and not snarl their nose at!!! Plus I feel like I’m enjoying my meals, because I love to eat anyway!!
- Cottage Cheese Parfait – (this is the recipe featured in the pictures of this blog post!)
- Apple Pie Oatmeal
- Regular Greek Yogurt with Fruit sprinkled with SPLENDA® Naturals Stevia Sweetener
- Banana Mini Chip Muffins
- French Toast Strata
Many More recipes HERE.
Tips to Stay Motivated:
- Be sure you are signed up HERE to receive tools and resources, this will help you not get stuck in a rut!
- Get outdoors. It’s fall time and the season is gorgeous. Move around, go walk and enjoy yourself
- If you get off track it’s OK! Just make sure you jump right back in. Access what got you off track and try to gain ground in that area. If it’s a special occasion you know is happening in this 30 days, it’s ok to give yourself some lee-way or might you say some grace! In fact giving yourself lee-way and grace will actually probably keep you more motivated and help you stay on track for the most part.
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little one year old, Miss Elle, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that I run three successful businesses!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.