Random Acts of Kindness for Kids at Christmas plus a free printable for christmas random acts of kindness calendar. Encourage your kids to think others through this list of random acts of kindness ideas.
Thank you to The UPS Store for sponsoring this post. Make the holiday to-do list a little easier this season with The UPS Store!
This time of year I always struggle as a mom.
I struggle to have my guard up and constantly be sure our family is keeping the right focus during the Christmas season. I talk about it with my husband, with my mom friends and it’s always in the back of my mind. Keeping our focus on the true meaning of Christmas as well as giving. It’s better to give than to receive, right?
During the Christmas season it’s so easy to want…wish…and get our focus off.
Admit it, right? As a kid…and maybe even as an adult…we’ve all gotten that gift that disappoints us…why? Expectations. Oh I try so hard not to have expectations but humanly speaking we all have them.
So what am I doing to combat that? What do I wish for my little family? That we would focus on the true meaning of Christmas, Jesus’ birth and giving rather than receiving. Does that mean we don’t receive…no…I just want our focus pointed in the right direction.
Not to mention the holidays aren’t all what they are made out to be…so many hurt during this season. Whether because of loss, loneliness, aching hearts and the list goes on. So this year little Miss E And I decided to send some sweet friends a very small little package to brighten up their day and surprise them!
We went to our local The UPS Store so their Certified Packing Experts could help us get these little packages to them safely. They were so so nice there…I mean when the workers give your little a sucker/candy, who doesn’t love that?
So this year I jumped on the game a little late but for next year I’m TOTALLY starting this sooner…we are doing some RAK (Random Acts of Kindness) through the month of December.
A few ideas we’ll choose from during these next couple of weeks are below..and I hope to truly grow it for next year, so I’d love your ideas (comment below, pretty please!)
Random Acts of Kindness for Kids at Christmas
If you want to snag your very own FREE Printable RAK Calendar (as seen to the right) click HERE.
- Partner with a local store to support Toys for Tots: What better way to invest in others than through this great opportunity to teach your children a valuable lesson about helping those in need.
- Send a Small Surprise Gift- pick a loved one or a friend to surprise them with a little happy in the mail that is totally unexpected!
- Take a neighbor a hand written card/note
- Give a piece of candy to the cashier
- Bake cookies – eat a few and take some to a shut in in your community
- Leave a candy cane in a public place with a hand written note to encourage someone
- Set out to compliment someone that you come across during your day that you don’t even know!
- Help a neighbor with yard work or as simple as bringing their garbage can in from the street
- Let someone go ahead of us in a line somewhere
- Write letters to military or veteran
- Place change in a vending machine
- Give someone a hug
- Smile at someone
- Hold the door open for someone
- Give a candy bar to the mail man
- Donate toys or clothes
- Visit a nursing home
- Read a book to someone
- Donate food at a local pantry/food drive
- Make someone laugh
- Make a care package for one in need
- Write a Thank you letter + baked goods and take to local fire station
- Donate books to local library
- Smile and say Hi to 5 people you don’t know!
- Collect spare change and give it to your local church to help those in need.
Don’t forget to snag your very own FREE Printable RAK Calendar (as seen to the right) click HERE.
Hi I’m Erin a Southern mama from South Mississippi, owner and chief editor of Sixth Bloom a blog helping mom-tographers capture their kiddos and life, talking all things home, parenting and how we navigate through life. You will find me living life to the fullest with my mister (aka husband) and our little two year old, Miss E, in our 500+ sq foot cottage as we build our dream house on our two acres! We are blessed beyond measure, love to travel, involved in ministry at our church and in between all of that we run two successful businesses together!
Follow me at: WEBSITE | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
Leave a Reply