1. Learn a new skill : How easy is it to get stuck in a rut with life? Every day holds the same routine and schedule and often we don’t experience growth because we don’t push ourselves to learn something new. If you take pictures because you like documenting pretty things, mastering your camera will be the next step of your growth.
2. Preserve Memories : We all have blurry and poorly lit photos. But what if you could change that? Master your camera and say bye bye to awful photos! Wouldn’t it be awesome to never look back on a bad photo again?
3. Capture gratitude : When you master your camera, you are able to take the gratitude challenge to a whole new level. In tough times remind yourself of the little blessings with beautiful photos you’ve taken along the way.
4. Become an artist : Have you ever seen something beautiful but felt like you couldn’t accurately photograph it? Even if you have a good eye, mastering your camera is the best way to become a true artist. The more techniques you know, the more options you have to truly photograph the beauty in front of you!
5. Create stories : If a picture says 1000 words, don’t you want to use that? Mastering your camera gives you the opportunity to create powerful stories without saying a word.
6. Give precious gifts : When you master your camera, you’ll find that your hard drive will become full of amazing things. Photo projects give you great advantage for gift giving, empowering you to give the best personalized gifts possible! And who doesn’t like a gift of something beautiful!
7. Decorate your home : Mastering your camera gives you the great excuse of lining your home with artwork created by you! But the best part? You can customize your color scheme and theme to match and coordinate to whatever you would like!
8. Sell your work : You don’t have to be a pro to sell your work. Through Mastering your camera, you have the ability to make cards, posters, calendars, and other products to sell at farmers markets or online as well!
9. Express yourself : When you master your camera you give yourself the chance to create beauty through what you are feeling. Moody photographs. Bright photographs. Photography gives an outlet unlike any other to give release to emotions and create something remarkable.
10. Find your voice : Knowing the technical side of photography gives you options. Using motion, using depth, using exposure to say things with photographs that you can’t express in words.
11. Teach others : Nothing is more rewarding than having a skill to pass on to others. When you master your camera you have the power to do just that.
12. Preserve what fades : Ever had a special keepsake that did not last the ravages of time? By mastering your camera you are able to preserve those treasures forever in a photograph. Years may pass, but you won’t loose the important things.
13. Highlight family : Family moments come and go in the blink of an eye. But having techniques down pat will allow you to document your family in every moment – while swimming, while laughing, while cooking in the kitchen.
14. Keepsake recipes : Few things are as important as family recipes. When you master your camera, you give yourself a new ability to preserve them through photos!
15. Rebirth your crafty side : These days there are so many projects you can produce with your own photographs. With new techniques in your knowledge base, you will never be bored again.
16. Discover a hobby : Nothing beats drudgery of the mundane quite like developing a new hobby. When you have new skills and techniques, you have whole new worlds opened up to you!
17. Build friendships : The better you become at your hobbies, the more you connect with others of the same level. And everyone knows that photographers make the best of friends!
18. Improve yourself : Acquiring new skills or developing the craft only broadens your depth as a person as well. Mastering your camera will never be a waste of time, only a great investment to yourself and your fellow humanity! I was a beta tester for this amazing ebook, grab it to challenge yourself! It’s only $19 bucks!
19. Become more aware : When you master your camera, and have the ability to more adequately capture life around you, you will find yourself becoming more aware of the beauty around you. This awareness gives you a perspective to be on the lookout for beauty in unexpected places.
20. Be your own photographer : No one knows your family the way you do. When you master your camera, suddenly the world can see your family as authentically as you do!
21. Enjoy the journey : Mastering your camera is not an achievement, it is a process. You learn a new technique and then apply it, but with time you discover all the more. No one has ever arrived, but the investment you make in your skills is one of the most valuable ways to enrich your own journey.
Guest Blogger: Christina Dizon
I have been doing good. I am trying to master that manual mode as best I can and I will get it by the end of the year.
That’s awesome!!! I have an online course on how to take full control and shoot in manual mode if you all are interested email me and I can give you a discount code! email@example.com https://www.sixthbloom.com/blog/master-the-basics-online-photography-course-for-beginners/
21 wonderful reasons to master your DSLR! I’m still learning about mine, but I will say it’s funny you wrote this because my husband is my photographer and I have seen so much growth in his photography skills over the last year. I always tell him that his photos are what took my blog to the next level. Plus, pictures he’s taken have been published in both a magazine and book this year. I’m so proud of him!
That’s awesome!!! Go TEAM!!! I have an online course on how to take full control and shoot in manual mode if you all are interested email me and I can give you a discount code! firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.sixthbloom.com/blog/master-the-basics-online-photography-course-for-beginners/
aimee fauci says
I feel like my DSLR is so overwhelming. So many how to’s that I just guess and then can never figure out how I did what I did.
Aimee! It’s not that complex I PROMISE! I have an online course on how to take full control and shoot in manual mode if you all are interested email me and I can give you a discount code! email@example.com https://www.sixthbloom.com/blog/master-the-basics-online-photography-course-for-beginners/
What an awesome list! Thanks for sharing!
Such a great post! I’m still on my first DSLR and take pictures for blogging and fun… but I totally want to upgrade so they can be even better. Nothing better than quality pictures 🙂
Samantha! You would probably be surprised at what your camera can do for you by you taking full control and shooting in manual mode!! I have an online course on how to take full control and shoot in manual mode if you all are interested email me and I can give you a discount code! firstname.lastname@example.org https://www.sixthbloom.com/blog/master-the-basics-online-photography-course-for-beginners/